F1 2012 Helmet models for Photoshop

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Firstly I must apologise for not getting this exactly how I wanted it to be.

But in theory, you shouldn''t be able to get hold of the helmet model in this years game at all....although I have tried.

In the download we have both helmets with and without rear fin.

Both include wireframes aswell.

I have left my little logo on the template....so if you use the model at all I would be appreciated if you leave it there (many thanks).

I only wish I could have done it a little better, but I will keep trying, and if I can improve the model at all.....I will update the download file.

So this is the best I can offer for now.....

.......my head hurts!!

:sneaky:

ENJOY!!!

helmets.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Got the 3D thingy working with CS5 extended, but i am just crap at trying to get things to stick !! Have watched the car modding tutorial a billion times bit still no good. Some of us are just aren't cut out for this lol...any chance of a helmet tutorial being made please !! I have no idea how you amazing people have made these helmets !!
im with mrmorj.

i try to place the logos, but when i rotate the helmet, the logos stay and the helmet moves.
i am officially stupid..:cry:. im sticking with the dds 2d files but its hard to place around the fin. i was excited by your 3d model ML, you are the best and ''you'' make it ok for me to give CM my money. without you this game would suffer greatly. Many many thanks again ML2166.

im with mrmorj.

i try to place the logos, but when i rotate the helmet, the logos stay and the helmet moves.
i am officially stupid..:cry:. im sticking with the dds 2d files but its hard to place around the fin. i was excited by your 3d model ML, you are the best and ''you'' make it ok for me to give CM my money. without you this game would suffer greatly. Many many thanks again ML2166.

If the logos stay where they are on the screen, you simply haven't pressed the merge down button as shown in my car vid.

Simple as that really, easily forgotten.

I want to put a picture on top of the helmet. As the top is in two pieces in the gen_50_h2 layout how do i do this?. I have tried on the 3D layout but it doesn't attach to the helmet. When i rotate the 3D view the picture stays still!! any help appreciated thanksView attachment 34008

Glad you got it sorted.

:thumbsup:
Well it was all good when i started but i fell at the first hurdle (lol) when i create a new layer in the 2D model and go back to 3D model the new layer i created doesn't appear ! any suggestions on this. Is it ok to just create a new layer in the 3D model and work on this then merge down or does this create problems?

You won't see the new layer when you go back to the 3D model, as in it won't be showing in the layers list. All you have done is create a new target layer for the 2D template for anything you apply to the 3D model.

If that makes any sense to you.

If you create new layers just on the 3D model side of things and keep merging down.......everything will be on the same layer on the 2D template, hence why you need to create a new layer on the 2D template, just so you can keep everything seperate.

You won't see the new layer when you go back to the 3D model, as in it won't be showing in the layers list. All you have done is create a new target layer for the 2D template for anything you apply to the 3D model.

If that makes any sense to you.

If you create new layers just on the 3D model side of things and keep merging down.......everything will be on the same layer on the 2D template, hence why you need to create a new layer on the 2D template, just so you can keep everything seperate.
When i watch your help guide (thanks for this it is really good) you create a layer called lines in the 2D model and when you switch back to the 3D model this layer lines is visible in the right hand layers section above the other layers. then when you copy the layer lines you then get lines copy 1, lines copy 2 . This doesn't happen on my screen.

When i watch your help guide (thanks for this it is really good) you create a layer called lines in the 2D model and when you switch back to the 3D model this layer lines is visible in the right hand layers section above the other layers. then when you copy the layer lines you then get lines copy 1, lines copy 2 . This doesn't happen on my screen.

The layer on the 3D model side of things is just a pre prepared line.

It isn't transferred over from the 2D layer.

If you look at the video, on the 3D model, you'll see I have logos there too, this was just to make the video recording shorter.

The layers on the 3D model, you have to create, they do not transfer over from the 2D template.

The layer on the 3D model side of things is just a pre prepared line.

It isn't transferred over from the 2D layer.

If you look at the video, on the 3D model, you'll see I have logos there too, this was just to make the video recording shorter.

The layers on the 3D model, you have to create, they do not transfer over from the 2D template.
OK, sorted, thank you greatly for your time and patience. I'm getting there slowly ... :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

ML2166 hello great job, but I find it difficult to customize the helmet without the cs4 or 5, if you could upload the 3d helmet in another format would greatly appreciate you as GMT or mts format so I can personalizarme a helmet and wear the 3dSim to display my paintings and advance, thank you very much, there are more people like me that will be the same and would be of great help to us.

ML2166. You and your patience deserve a whole heap of rewards.
Its said a lot but i really mean it when i say thank you very much.
a lifetime of safety and protection to you and yours...

Hi ML and thanks so much for the template. I just have one quick question. Why do I have to stretch the logos etc at the borders of the 2D image?

If you don't you will see the seam/joins in the helmet.

I have taken the base paint out beyond the seams, but just make sure you stretch the logos out past the wireframe to help hide the joins.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back