Resource icon

Other HeliMobilista (evoHUD) 0.91

Login or Register an account to download this content
OMG--that's the one major thing AC had that we needed for AMS! Can we move it by editing the HUD file like the stock HUD items? Any other adjustments? If it's tweak-able and it works, this should be a very popular mod!

EDIT: Sorry, just paid attention and realized this is part of evoHUD. I got too excited!! Great idea to implement this.

OMG--that's the one major thing AC had that we needed for AMS! Can we move it by editing the HUD file like the stock HUD items? Any other adjustments? If it's tweak-able and it works, this should be a very popular mod!

EDIT: Sorry, just paid attention and realized this is part of evoHUD. I got too excited!! Great idea to implement this.

Yes you can move it by editing the last line in evoHUD.nut from
heli(dispSize[0] / 2 - 120, dispSize[1] / 8, true, false);
to
heli(400, 400, true, false); //replace 400, 400 to whatever x, y coordinates you want

I hope @Nobkins will include this in his evoHUD+ so we can have all the goodies.

Yes you can move it by editing the last line in evoHUD.nut from
heli(dispSize[0] / 2 - 120, dispSize[1] / 8, true, false);
to
heli(400, 400, true, false); //replace 400, 400 to whatever x, y coordinates you want

I hope @Nobkins will include this in his evoHUD+ so we can have all the goodies.

I know why I was confused--because the pic shows the Reiza HUD. Do you need to run the evoHUD+ as well as the Reiza HUD? I would prefer to avoid evoHUD+ if possible. It's great, but the new regular HUD does everything I need with only a couple of tiny exceptions that evoHUD+ does not address.

Evohud+ and evohud are not the same thing although they are based on the same base code.

@Martin Vindis has made a great addition to evohud. I just saw his tag asking me to convert it/add it to evohud+. I'll try to do this tonight ASI have a minor update ready to release that fixes some bugs.

I personally use a combination of the newish built in hud with elements I want from evohud+.

Thanks Martin for giving permission to add this to evohud+ I'll post here when I upload the update.

@Marc Collins what things does the default hud not do that evohud+ also does not address. Maybe I can address them (no promises!)

First, I have to go find out about the differences between evoHUD and evoHUD+ (sorry, out of the loop). Were is evoHUD+, I only see a thread for evoHUD here on RD?

The major oversight in the new Reiza HUD is the poor quality tach. I wished they had replicated the excellent one from DynaHUD/ProHUD that has working redline (not strangely offset like the Reiza HUD one) AND puts the real rpm indicators on the tach adjusted/customized for each car.

I won't have time for a few days to look into this more, but first could you help me to understand what part of the pic advertising this mod is NOT standard Reiza HUD? It sure looks like it to me.

It wasn't working for me when i tried it earlier It was just saying could not load trackmap where the radar should be. Is there any additional setup that needs to be done first like Having Evo hud already.
Since I don't have the stock evo Hud installed. Just what was in this package.
Also when i do get it working could i just delete the indicators.png if i want it without the circle.

I love this mod. Funny though, I have everything working like you posted in the pictures, but the yellow & red? that pops up when someone is coming up on your blind side. Is there something, maybe a file that also must be deleted? Will this work in rf1 & GSCE? Hope you can add this to GTR2, RF2, maybe even PCars & PCars2. Anyway, Nice work. Thanks for your hard work making this.

This is using the same base plugin (evohud) and am in the process of turning it into a separate module for evohud+.

Evohud+ is an advanced version of evohud. In game positioning of widgets and configuration.much like gidhud if you ever used it.

This is using the same base plugin (evohud) and am in the process of turning it into a separate module for evohud+.

Evohud+ is an advanced version of evohud. In game positioning of widgets and configuration.much like gidhud if you ever used it.

Let's see if I understand: the new HeliMobilista is built on the same "platform" as evoHUD. In theory any widget in evoHUD could be done this way as an individual mod?

Last questions, I promise: does evoHUD interfere in any way with SweetFX or the ability to use the external-controlled (by video card) AA settings?

No and no. If you want to just use one or two elements of evohud (widgets) then you need evohud+. Every element is positionable in game and can be configured in game (including turning all of them off or all on).

This great Heli widget is not in evohud+ yet but thanks to Martin's great work I am working in adding it in.

Evohud+ should include it soon. I have a race tonight to test it on.

It wasn't working for me when i tried it earlier It was just saying could not load trackmap where the radar should be. Is there any additional setup that needs to be done first like Having Evo hud already.
Since I don't have the stock evo Hud installed. Just what was in this package.
Also when i do get it working could i just delete the indicators.png if i want it without the circle.
Okay so i Guess it's working Online it just shows could not load trackmap in test sessions.
But My other question still stands if you can delete the indicator.PNG

@Farrow_21 wait until I get this added to evohud+ and you should be able to easily do as you want. If @Martin Vindis is interested I may be able to pass some code improvements back to this download as well to implement some minor fixes.

Last edited:
...could i just delete the indicators.png if i want it without the circle.

No, indicators.png are actually the orange/yellow thingys that pops up when someone's to your left/right. What you want is to get rid of the radar but you can't just delete image. What you can do is edit the evoHUD.nut file, change line 144 from
draw.image(radar, 0, 0, 240, 240, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0xFFFFFFFF);
to
draw.image(radar, 0, 0, 240, 240, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0x00FFFFFF);

Okay basically what i want is to make it just the Squares(Cars) without the cross hairs or the indicators. More Like the Car Radar app opposed to helicorsa.

I see, then do what I wrote in post #17 to remove the cross hair and for the indicators you want to change line 40 and 41 from
local indicator1Color = 0xE600D7FF;
local indicator2Color = 0xE6005DFF;

to
local indicator1Color = 0x0000D7FF;
local indicator2Color = 0x00005DFF;

There's an issue with the boxes overlapping during a race. This makes it really awkward when trying to avoid from colliding with the other cars. It simply doesn't show the "true" distance between the cars.

I think it's because the detection is placed on a single point in the middle of the box. So when two cars get really close to each other, the boxes overlap, but the cars aren't even touching. I don't know if this is doable, but the whole box should represent the car, so the detection point(s) should be on the edges of the box.

If that can't be done, then I'm just going to have to live with it. The existence of this plugin is more than I could hope for, and it's so much better than having three virtual mirrors on the screen which kills so much framerates and looks really ugly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%