Heidfeld replaced by Senna for rest of season.

Heidfeld said he left Lotus Renault GP by Mutual Consent. Senna replaces him for the rest of the season.

Heidfeld was forcing legal action on Renault after being dropped for Spa but has now dropped the charges and left Renault.

Nick Heidfeld has left Renault by mutual consent with immediate effect.
He has been replaced by Brazilian driver Bruno Senna, who will race alongside team-mate Vitaly Petrov for the rest of the 2011 season.
Heidfeld said: "Obviously I'm disappointed to be leaving in the middle of the season."

Renault team principal Eric Boullier said: "He is a very strong and determined racer and we wish him every success in the future."
Heidfeld was replaced by Senna for the Belgian and Italian Grands Prix after a High Court hearing said Renault were within their rights to sever contractual ties with the German.

That was only an interim decision pending a further case due to be heard on 19 September.

Heidfeld, 34, who replaced Robert Kubica following the Pole's rally accident, believed he was contractually obliged to complete the season.

But that is not now required as Renault and Heidfeld have reached a settlement and parted company with immediate effect.
Boullier said: "Our disagreement with Nick has been the subject of much media coverage lately, and we are pleased to have reached a swift and reasonable solution.

"Our separation process was already a painful one, and neither of us wanted to go through another legal hearing.
"We're very grateful to Nick for the highly valuable contribution he made to the team.
"We certainly had good times together, in particular remembering our podium finish in Malaysia."
Heidfeld, a veteran of 183 Grands Prix, is in no doubt that he will return to Formula One at some stage.

"I thought I could still make a big contribution to the team, but I have to see things as they are, and I want to turn my attention to the future," he said.

"We have taken the right decision by choosing to end our collaboration. One thing is for sure, I'll be back racing at the highest level soon."

Senna, the 27-year-old nephew of the late Brazilian legend Ayrton Senna, will contest the remaining seven races, with Romain Grosjean as reserve.

Renault are hopeful that Kubica will be fit enough to return next season.

[ Source: BBC Sport ]

Well done on copying and pasting an article from BBC (again) :tongue:
don't like it then write up your own damm articles, you think im doing this for the sake of it and gaining credit from it?

be appreciative next time or don't comment, this is information we all like to read , as some folks don't go on the BBC website or simply don't want to.

It's a shame to see Heidfeld go, I do quite like him, but at the same time I want to see what Bruno Senna can do, because no driver gets a chance to show themselves in an HRT.

Scott: It would be wise to leave a note at the top or at the bottom saying "Source: [Insert Source name here]" and perhaps link to the article through this. At the moment, on first glance, it looks like you have written it.

I thought Senna deserved the seat, Heidfeld was poor the entire season and Senna impressed me in qualifying in Spa - I think he has what it takes to become a regular in F1.

What Senna lacks at this point is miles with the car.

Did you know that when Algejoari (or how ever you spell his name) had complited exacly one year in F1 (didn't he make his apperance at Valencia if I am not wrong) he had driven a F1 car as far as Hamilton had done during testing season before his first debut race. So you can imagen how important experience is in F1 if you want to deliver some good results.

I guess you mean Algersuari and Hungary ?
Yes, From his debut race and the year afterwards back at Hungaroring he hade the same miles as Hamilton on a F1 car but Hamilton had his miles on testing seasons only.

So you get the point why rookies don't make that very big impression if they have never driven a F1 car before in there life. Tbh I never expected Algersuari to become any quicker but look at him now after gaining this much experience. Senna had a good start, I belive if he can gain just a little more experience with the Renault he might have a chans of challanging Petrov before the final round.

TBH though i think Petrov is rubbish as well, i think there was much more potential that could of been seen from that Renault but they where held back by there poor driver selection.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back