Headtracking (TrackIR) and tactile feedback?

Guys,

does anyone use both headtracking (specifically TrackIR) together with tactile feedback and can share some experience with that combination.
The bass shakers in my rig are strong enough to also shake the monitor a small bit - and before investing in a TrackIR I'd like to know if that in turn will make the headtracking unusable.
Thanks for all input!

Hi,

I have been using such setup and while I'm now phasing it out in favour of vr, I did find it worked very well. While the buttkicker concert on my rig gives strong feedback, I found that my head doesn't move all that much and using slight deadzones in the beginning of the tracking axis takes care of the rest :)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

No issues here, guess it all depends on set sensitivity and deadzones, how much tactile really shakes your rig and monitor, it doesn't happen on pretty heavy simlab P1X.
If that becomes an issue I guess you can always take camera off monitor and mount on tripod or some other disconnected from rig support.

Upvote 0
Me as well. I have my 49" G9 direct mounted to my P1X.
I have a Buttkicker Concert under the seat, and a Buttkicker Mini under the pedals. Here some careful isolation helps. Because with a very rigid rig, the vibrations can go everywhere (almost like resonance) and also into the monitor and you can hear things rattling that should not. So some basic isolation in key spots makes a big difference to limit the vibrations to the monitor (but that has nothing to do with TrackIR).
I've never had issues with TrackIR (on top of my monitor) related to tactile. However, if you get your vibrations so high to cause an issue, I would think the concern is more for the monitor and internals, rather than the TrackIR tracking...

The little camera is very light. If it causes concern, I'm sure it could be mounted very easily on a really light tripod, or bracket from the wall, or something.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back