Headset to wear over HMD

I’ve been pretty happy with my Reverb G2 and in most games, flight and space sims, am very happy with the off-ear speakers. However, playing any racing sim with these just means I hear every grind, graunch, squeak and rattle of my CSL Elite wheel.

I‘m looking to get a new gaming headset to wear over the HMD, having taken the speakers off, but could do with some suggestions of what may actually be large enough to do this comfortably.

I‘ve got a cheap headset but it’s wired and I’m really looking for a wireless one. Anyone else out there who uses an HMD and headset that can offer any advice?

I have tried some over the G2. I tried the astro A50's the sennheiser GSP 600's and in the end settled on using the hyperx cloud ii's.

It came down to comfort sitting over the headset for me, how light they are and that the clamping force is not bad on your ears.

EDit, sorry, I missed the part about wireless, only the A50's are wireless, they work but were not my favourite. Of the ones I chose, I would certainly be happy with the wireless hyperx clouds as I understand they are the same comfort.

FYI, My idea was to go wireless as I used to use them in the past with wires and it drove me nuts that the HMD and earphones would tangle over multiple uses. What I do now is place the hmd on my left side and the headphones on the right side so they never get tangled and I dont find the wire an issue anymore. On the plus side, you get better headphones for the $$ when not paying for wireless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Some of the attachable solutions look interesting, like this one.

Another often overlooked option is IEMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice. There’s a lot to mull over there including Andrew’s completely overlooked, at least by me, option.

It looks like I’ll be trawling some more reviews and, tiers/lockdown depending, going to have a look at what’s on offer.

I had initially thought I’d go for the Astro A50 but £300 to use for one game is not something my wife would be impressed with:)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back