Heads up: Oculus store credit from the 2018 outage will expire March 13th

Found an email in my spam bin today advising that the £11/$15 store credit (that Oculus issued as compensation for the 2018 outage) will expire on March 13th.
If like me you use your Rift purely for sim racing then this might have passed you by.
Use it or lose it!
I just spent my £11 on Pinball FX and... it's awesome. It'll make a nice change of pace from ripping around a racing circuit.

Thought some of you might appreciate the heads-up.

Funnily enough I just used it to grab a copy of Virtual Desktop. Hopefully I can use it with Pimax otherwise, I spend a dollar of my money to make up the difference. I never thought I'd actually use it.

Upvote 0
i have had a rift for almost 3 years. I have never bought anything trough Oculus though.
Then you should have $15 in your Oculus wallet mate. If you can, check the email associated with your Oculus registration from around a year ago - you should have a message from Oculus advising of the store credit.

Really glad I bought Pinball FX with it. I loved it in 2D on consoles in the past but in VR it is like having a pinball arcade in my house.

Upvote 0
Tried the VD with the Pimax HMD. It won't launch. Damn. The Steam version is exactly the same but will work with SteamVR. Not loss though. I only paid an extra dollar for it of my own money and I would never have used the credit regardless. Hopefully there is a way to get it to boot into the Pimax. I've looked but not found any working results.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years