Heads up: Nahimic service slowing down pc

Just a heads up if you have this installed on your computer (check task manager processes), disable and remove asap.

I am reminded of this once in a while when I notice my computer is slowing down and not responding, I go and see nahimic has once again been installed back.
This is making pc very unstable and who knows what the main goal of this service is, it is some MSI "software" that takes control of your audio. Some say it sells info to ad companies, who knows.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

This is audio enhancement software. It shouldn't cause any issues, but you might lose some functions without.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disable onboard audio on my 2 towers for years and use 2 sets of USB headphones ( 1 gaming 1 Music/TV) connected to same hub
My ears are too old to tell difference and saves needing top speakers

When I tried recently to enable audio on gaming tower I had nothing but trouble, W10 updates, services . From that test I still could not tell difference in sound quality to a degree that mattered
to me.

I mean if you really cared about sound quality that much you would not use a PC to begin with

Last edited:
This is audio enhancement software. It shouldn't cause any issues, but you might lose some functions without.

This is the thing, I have realtek software for the audio, everything works perfectly without nahimic. In no point I was even asked if I want nahimic to be installed or not. There is no implications that it is even installed on this computer, it runs in the background hiding.

For me it makes youtube videos and games stutter, windows unresponsive, wifi not working, felt like computer was from win98 era.

If someone reading is having any kind of pc instability, this would be the first thing to check!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Updated Realtec audio driver and noticed that Chrome launch become slow. Like 1-2 seconds delay after clicking on icon.
What do you know, Nahimic was a culprit. Disabled service in Control panel and things are back to normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have faced this issue before, after contact to Nahimic customer svcs for having more support. I realized it happened because i used many different users on my PC. They told me to log in to my PC with an admin account to fix it n it works for me. if it doesnt work for u then let's contact to the customer svcs of this app, they usually reply pretty quick

Last edited:
Avoid integrated audio like the plauge. Used to run a Soundblaster back in the day, but have been sending 24bit audio out through USB -> Integrated Receiver for several years now. Another nice option is to use eARC over HDMI if available.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Avoid integrated audio like the plauge. Used to run a Soundblaster back in the day, but have been sending 24bit audio out through USB -> Integrated Receiver for several years now. Another nice option is to use eARC over HDMI if available.
Some MBs have very robust integrated audio, of course for audiophile sound quality you want some external DAC if not wireless streamer, but for driving tactile or gaming it works fine.
I just disable Nahimic service.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back