Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SRO E-Sport GT Series Spa.jpg

News on the site might slow down a little this weekend, as tomorrow I'll be braving the sweltering conditions as we head off to Spa for round 3 of the SRO E-Sport GT Series...

Yes, near 40 degree temperatures are no deterrent for a plane, train and car ride across the Netherlands and into Belgium this weekend for the next round of the 2019 SRO E-Sport GT Series. If the excessive temperatures don't finish me off, then 24 hours of Blancpain GT Series racing and some strategic Stella Artois consumption will probably do the job...

For all those sim racers taking the pilgrimage to the finest GT3 race in the world, I look forward to saying hello to you over the weekend. For those of you who aren't heading to the Stavelot region this weekend, then don't forget you can stay tuned on our Instagram feed, watch the racing live on the official Twitch channel, and of course catch up on bits and pieces from the weekend here at RaceDepartment.com.

Sim Racing, endurance racing, GT3 and all things petrol (real or virtual) are AWESOME!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

If I remember correctly you'll get Jupiler only trackside, which is delicious btw. ;-)

Depending on the weather situation I'll join in on Saturday/Sunday. Weather prediction is quite unfavourable for spectators though (20°C, lots of rain, thunderstorms possible). But can be a good facilitator for dramatic racing. If not trackside, I'll watch the GT World coverage on YT.

Last call for anyone who wants a ride from the UK. I'm getting the euro tunnel from Folkstone tomorrow afternoon. I have a spare seat. Give me a shout if you're interested.
If I still lived in the UK I'd be taking you up on that offer in return for plenty of beer and baguettes!
Seriously, it's going to be a weekend that cannot be measured. Pretty jelly bean of you all and cant wait to read, look at vids and pics about it too if you can!
Thanks too, @Paul Jeffrey for all the hard work. Will miss updates this weekend but I'm sure the Spa piece will more than make up for it!
Do try and have some fun too amongst all the hard work

Friend of mine (girl that has never watched a single race in her life) is going to watch the race this weekend because the company where she works they take them on "team building" at Spa for the race! Oh how jealous I am!

Speaking about that, is there any place over there that sells memorabilia or souvenirs or stuff that you guys probably know are worth to buy from there and can be found only there? To tell me where can she find these stuff , to tell her to buy me something :D

Couldn't make it this year as it clashes with my weekend at work, gonna try again next year.

Watched the practice and qualifying last night, the race is going to be epic for sure. 70+ cars, at one point 23 cars covered by one second. Brilliant stuff :) GT3 Blancpain races are just great at the moment.

Wishing the RD crew a safe trip and enjoy the weekend :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years