HE Ultimate+ or BJ Simracing Hydraulic pedals sets?

I am after people help. I am looking to upgrade from the Fanatec V3, and trying to decide between the new HE Ultimate + or the BJ Simracing hydraulic pedal sets. The BJ sim set are cheaper but HE's have been a tried and true performer. The reason I am upgrading is I have reached the limit of adjustment of the V3's. I am looking for more brake travel and more stiffer throttle. I am very heavy footed so I struggle with the fine control of trail braking and throttle control.

This is not a debate about how much they cost just on performance. Thanks for the help in advance.

Last edited:
Theres alot of tests and reviews out there for the Heusinkvelds, Boosted Media has a video on the BJ´s.

From personal experience I can say the HSV quality is top notch in engineering and fabrication and they are world champions in customer service. ( I´ve been using Sprints for a few month now)

I have no personal experience with the BJ´s, but am a bit suspicious about the long time stability of the hydraulics.
This is triggerd by several reports of hydraulic cylinders being or becoming leaky.
Brake fluid is no fun to spill in the workshop, I don´t want it spilled in my game room.
To date its unclear if thats a problem of "budget" components or if the automotive parts don´t stand up in our living rooms.

So do a lot of research and draw your own conclusions,

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for the slight thread hijack, but can someone explain to me how hydraulic brake pedals give a more realistic braking feel? I assumed that the travel and 'feel' are determined by the rubber spacers, which is surely the same on the load cell pedals. Happy to be educated!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Sorry for the slight thread hijack, but can someone explain to me how hydraulic brake pedals give a more realistic braking feel? I assumed that the travel and 'feel' are determined by the rubber spacers, which is surely the same on the load cell pedals. Happy to be educated!
They don't, it's just the way load cell is activated.

Upvote 0

From where i stand that seems not completely true.

The average loadcell pedal uses a leverage system to "translate" the movement of your foot to compression of the rubbers.
Some high end pedals use hydraulic dampers to smooth out this movement.
Still it´s a direct mechanical connection, even stacks of rubber and and the utilisation of spring/stop systems to simulate pad to disc travel are just that: simulations.

On a hydraulicly actuated pedal you have a "real" hydraulic system that works exactly like in your car:

the brake pedal moves the master cylinder which "produces" hydraulic pressure in the brake fluid.
This pressure moves the slave cylinder which then compresses the rubbers.
Brake force is measured by a pressure sensor in the hydraulic system.

So contrary to the mechanical pedal you have the play between pedal lever and master cylinder piston, the feel of the fluid moving, the "bulging" of the brake line and the compression feel of the rubbers.

When comparing my Heusinkveld Sprints with the (modified) brake in my street cat they feel quite different.

BUT:

I think is only important when " dry humping" the brake pedal.
When in action with my street car or a simulation car the important thing is that the brake works dependable and predictable. So when aproaching a corner you will find the correct brake pressure and release just from (muscle) memory.

And thats what the Heusinkvelds do for me.

Do I sometimes dream of a hydraulic brake pedal?
Yes, just the same as I´d like to look out of the window and see a yellow Cayman GT4 instead of an orange GT86.

Do I need one of them? ( could I afford one of them?)

Hell NO.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I had the V3's, went to the Sprints for 3+ years and have had the Ultimate+ for about a month.

As was said before Heusinkveld has outstanding customer support. They sent me a replacement part for my Sprints well after I was out of warranty at no charge in just a couple days from Germany. They will be around to service anything you buy and the products are very good.

There are a LOT of eye candy pedal manufacturers out there, that have very pretty looking hardware, but from what I can tell only HE does exhaustive testing on their products.

But in the end these are toys, so buy whatever excites you.

Upvote 0
The BJ pedals... Those are on ebay correct? I tried them and they started squeeking after a couple days. Plus, you could FEEL the squeek in your feet.

In their defense, the seller claimed this was not normal (but why would it happen with the throttle AND clutch if it wasnt a design flaw??) and allowed me to return them but I never got another set to try so take that as you will.

Upvote 0
My Ultimate+ pedals haven't squeaked yet and they don't have any side to side play.

However, I don't think calling foul over a squeak that can be easily remedied is a huge pain point. Unless it requires frequent maintenance.

Upvote 0
from Germany.
I hope we shipped it from the Netherlands! :D

No these are brand new so until i get them..Boosted Media also mentioned it + his Husky Ultimate+ squeeked and after lubing both sets seemed to solve it..
My Ultimate+ pedals haven't squeaked yet and they don't have any side to side play.

However, I don't think calling foul over a squeak that can be easily remedied is a huge pain point. Unless it requires frequent maintenance.
Every moving part in every product ever will require lubrication at some point, if you want to make it last.
We use self lubricating bearings (teflon) on almost all of our moving parts and I haven't had to lubricate my Ultimate+ (pre-production version) once since I put them on the rig about 20 months ago.
We do sometimes see that pedals shipped to far-away places like Australia (where BoostedMedia is from) and south east Asia, need a little bit of PTFE spray when they arrive. I think this has to do with the ambient conditions during shipping (humidity, temperature fluctuations etc).

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 83 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.5%
  • < 5 years