HE sprints vs ultimates

Hi guys
I know this will have been discussed previously but I was hoping for some more input.
I currently have the csl LC pedals and I want to upgrade, and I really can’t decide between the sprints or the ultimates. Although the price difference doesn’t really matter I don’t want to spend almost double if I don’t have too. If that makes sense.
So my question is, are the ultimates worth the extra, I have seen there seams to be more ‘travel’ on the ultimates brake which I like but the software seams to be difficult to setup on the ultimates? any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance

Something doesn"t add up then. Why they are harder to push to maximum. Travel as you mentioned above or lever design?
The maximum force is separate from the travel, as you can adjust the travel by using different rubbers.

The Sprint brake pedal uses a 120KG loadcell, whereas the Pro brake pedal has a 60KG loadcell. Differences in geometry lead to the 55 (Pro) Vs 65 (Sprint) maximum force.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Thanks Enzo, also seems like Barry in his review bottomed out at just 47kg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Enzo,
I'm curious what "unprecedented progressive brake feel" means.

1. Does this mean that the new elastomer springs are designed to deflect more linearly with brake pressure than what they used before?

2. And if so are they planning to create new elastomer springs for the Sprints ?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Enzo,
I'm curious what "unprecedented progressive brake feel" means.

1. Does this mean that the new elastomer springs are designed to deflect more linearly with brake pressure than what they used before?

2. And if so are they planning to create new elastomer springs for the Sprints ?

Thanks!
1. It means the opposite, it takes progressively more force to compress 1mm. Besides that, they offer a wider range, both softer and stiffer, than what was possible with the Ultimate pedals before.

2. We'll let everyone know via the news section on our website and our social media platforms if we do!

Upvote 0
1. It means the opposite, it takes progressively more force to compress 1mm. Besides that, they offer a wider range, both softer and stiffer, than what was possible with the Ultimate pedals before.

2. We'll let everyone know via the news section on our website and our social media platforms if we do!
Hi Enzo,

My friends bought recently Sprints and they have the new elastomers. I like this feel a lot more than the elestomers on my Sprints. How can I get a set of the new progressive elastomers? I can’t find anything thing about them on the website.

Upvote 0
Hi Enzo,

My friends bought recently Sprints and they have the new elastomers. I like this feel a lot more than the elestomers on my Sprints. How can I get a set of the new progressive elastomers? I can’t find anything thing about them on the website.
These are currently not for sale yet, due to global supply issues. Once we have a steady enough supply, so that it won't affect production of new pedals, we will offer these as an upgrade.

Upvote 0
These are currently not for sale yet, due to global supply issues. Once we have a steady enough supply, so that it won't affect production of new pedals, we will offer these as an upgrade.
Thank you for the update. Let's hope the supply issues are solved soon.
Are the new rubbers for the sprints the same as the new ones on the Ultimates? I have a friend who will buy the Ultimates+ pretty soon and maybe I can use some of his rubbers in the meantime.

Upvote 0
As much as I didn't need them, I have a set of Ultimate+ pedals coming today.

I'm not saying I can actually justify them, but I wanted them for a number of reasons. None had to do with lap times. Hopefully I'll like them.

Upvote 0
As much as I didn't need them, I have a set of Ultimate+ pedals coming today.

I'm not saying I can actually justify them, but I wanted them for a number of reasons. None had to do with lap times. Hopefully I'll like them.
They are beautiful pedals and I’ll sure they will be great. Are you coming from Sprints. If so, would be great to hear some comparisons.

Upvote 0
They are beautiful pedals and I’ll sure they will be great. Are you coming from Sprints. If so, would be great to hear some comparisons.
I've had my Sprints for over 3 years. I've run them upright and inverted. They've worked very well. They have absolutely not been holding me back. My only complaint is the size of the pedal faces and the HRS pedal faces I added last summer eliminated that only issue. I knocked that integrated pedal board loose and HE replaced it for me despite my pedals being out of warranty.

I'm hoping that the Ultimate+'s larger pedal faces will be enough to keep me from wanting to upgrade them. I'm also hoping that I like the feeling of their dampers.

Otherwise the external pedal box will work better for my sliding clutch and brake pedal arrangement. It won't be in the way of the release lever arms and the wires from each of the pedals is long enough that I won't need an extension like I did for the Sprints. I like the SS construction. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can feel a difference in the the progressive cushions. I also like how you can easily adjust the angle of the Ultimates without any disassembly.

I'm not in any way knocking the Sprint pedals. I hope I'll like how the Ultimates feel better, but I'm not going in with the expectation that I'll feel anything significant.

FWIW I've returned my Sprints back to the default brake rubbers recently. So I "should" be able to see how a stock to stock feels, but there are so many ways to adjust how things feel that it is a tough call.

I did look at a few other manufacturers, but in the end HE has earned my business and I trust them for the long haul.

Also to be fair, my pedal deck is the most convoluted setup that I've seen on any rig ever. My thottle pedal is lowered and can slide fore/aft and has additional angle adjustment. My clutch is moved back and angled forward an additional amount. Then the Clutch and Brake are on a sliding plate for comfortable left foot braking or clutch operation. It has a dead pedal. The structure rides on two linear bearings with modified Race Base isolation, so the entire pedal deck can vibrate freely. And lastly the entire deck slides fore and aft for other drivers and whole pedal deck comes off the rig entirely when it is in flight mode. So it has a 4 pole Neutrik quick release to disconnect the two transducers when it is removed.

assembled_8216.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've had my Sprints for over 3 years. I've run them upright and inverted. They've worked very well. They have absolutely not been holding me back. My only complaint is the size of the pedal faces and the HRS pedal faces I added last summer eliminated that only issue. I knocked that integrated pedal board loose and HE replaced it for me despite my pedals being out of warranty.

I'm hoping that the Ultimate+'s larger pedal faces will be enough to keep me from wanting to upgrade them. I'm also hoping that I like the feeling of their dampers.

Otherwise the external pedal box will work better for my sliding clutch and brake pedal arrangement. It won't be in the way of the release lever arms and the wires from each of the pedals is long enough that I won't need an extension like I did for the Sprints. I like the SS construction. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can feel a difference in the the progressive cushions. I also like how you can easily adjust the angle of the Ultimates without any disassembly.

I'm not in any way knocking the Sprint pedals. I hope I'll like how the Ultimates feel better, but I'm not going in with the expectation that I'll feel anything significant.

FWIW I've returned my Sprints back to the default brake rubbers recently. So I "should" be able to see how a stock to stock feels, but there are so many ways to adjust how things feel that it is a tough call.

I did look at a few other manufacturers, but in the end HE has earned my business and I trust them for the long haul.

Also to be fair, my pedal deck is the most convoluted setup that I've seen on any rig ever. My thottle pedal is lowered and can slide fore/aft and has additional angle adjustment. My clutch is moved back and angled forward an additional amount. Then the Clutch and Brake are on a sliding plate for comfortable left foot braking or clutch operation. It has a dead pedal. The structure rides on two linear bearings with modified Race Base isolation, so the entire pedal deck can vibrate freely. And lastly the entire deck slides fore and aft for other drivers and whole pedal deck comes off the rig entirely when it is in flight mode. So it has a 4 pole Neutrik quick release to disconnect the two transducers when it is removed.

View attachment 569462
If you are so happy with the Sprints, why did you change? Needed project?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years