HE sprints vs ultimates

Hi guys
I know this will have been discussed previously but I was hoping for some more input.
I currently have the csl LC pedals and I want to upgrade, and I really can’t decide between the sprints or the ultimates. Although the price difference doesn’t really matter I don’t want to spend almost double if I don’t have too. If that makes sense.
So my question is, are the ultimates worth the extra, I have seen there seams to be more ‘travel’ on the ultimates brake which I like but the software seams to be difficult to setup on the ultimates? any help would be really appreciated thanks in advance

OK, I think I've had a cooling off period after the initial excitement of getting a new toy.
I like the way the Ultimate+'s feel better and I believe I'll be happy with the stock Ultimate pedal faces.

My lap times are unchanged.

So buy the Ultimate+s if you have a good reason ( more pedal pressure) or just want a more premium pedal set ( dampers, SS, larger pedal faces), but don't buy them expecting that you will drive any faster.

I think that pretty well sums it up.
Thanks for this, I've been going back and forth between getting sprints or U+s. Def getting the U+s because of this thread.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this, I've been going back and forth between getting sprints or U+s. Def getting the U+s because of this thread.

There are no downsides other than the cost and larger mounting footprint.

I still haven't increased my brake pressure past 60kg, but I still love how they feel.

Upvote 0
There are no downsides other than the cost and larger mounting footprint.

I still haven't increased my brake pressure past 60kg, but I still love how they feel.
I recently purchased the elastomer kit for my sprints. Yesterday I found time to swap try-out the different combinations of elastomers and spacers. I have no idea why I didn't try-out different elastomers until yesterday. Wow. I love the way they feel with the 28 mm soft installed. In addition, I reduced the pedal force from 65kg to 53kg. I like the reduced force much better. I immediately dropped time from tracks and cars I have been recently running.

Upvote 0
Yep, one of the great things about these pedals is that you can tweak them as much as you want and the result is always different. Sometimes it's not just a matter of what is best, but what you prefer. For instance, I hated the stock behaviour of the brake pedal with that pad-to-disc simulated effect, which in my opinion is useless and feels like if the pedals were faulty. With some adjustments I could get rid of that and get a perfect feeling with the travel and force and that I think feel good to me.

Upvote 0
I ended up going with the sprints. I love them. I do long for the stiffer clutch though.
You can also set up the clutch a bit heavier, see the manual for instructions:
1663751971744.png

Page 21, 22 & 23. Manual

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back