HE Sprint or Fanatec V3s?

Hey yall

I asked a bunch of questions during the summer after i had discovered sim racing about what hardware to get. I decided to go ahead and just get a T300RS GT setup as a sort of test to see if i actually did like sim racing as much as i thought i would. I ended up getting a wheel stand for it also. Well, how did the test go? I LOVE sim racing! I am doing it every night for at least 30 minutes and getting better at it along the way. And, i have still not tried it with good hardware or tried VR at all yet.

So, now i am ordering the good stuff (and will sell the T300RS and wheel stand). I have already ordered the Accuforce V2 wheel, and the Fanatec H pattern shifter. And i am also about to order a P1X cockpit (about to start another thread before i order the P1X with questions about it)

Next up are the pedals. I want to get the HE Sprints. I just keep coming back to being willing to spend the extra $$$ to skip over the V3s and go straight for the HE Sprints (3 pedal set). I have read too many times on forums people raving about their HE Sprints.

I am sure that the V3s are very nice also and would be fine (with the brake performance kit), but i plan on using these pedals for many years and figuring that it is worth it to just spring initially for the HE Sprints and it will average out over the years cost wise.

Questions:

1) Is it worth it to spend the extra $$$ to get the HE Sprints over the V3s given that i will use them for years? What do you love about your HE Sprints?

2) One huge reason i am deciding on the HE Sprints is that i keep hearing how awful Fanatec's customer service is and how awesome HE's customer service is. I very well may have to send them back to get fixed at some point, and it is a big plus to deal with a responsive company if that happens, so check mark for the HE Sprints.

3) If i get the HE Sprints and also get a P1X cockpit, do i need to order the He Sprints 'base plate' for another $88? Does the HE Sprint base plate play well with the P1X? How do the P1X owners attach their HE Sprints to the P1X?

4) In Barry's Sim Racing Garage video for the HE Sprints, when he is driving, the Sprints are pretty noisy. Are they noisy when heel and toeing and pounding on them? Is this an issue at all in reality?

5) I am planning on getting a P1X cockpit, and am assuming that it will be more than plenty to secure the HE Sprints to without getting any flex when braking, etc. Will any of the lesser cockpits also work plenty fine with the HE Sprints, say a Simlab Evo, or should i stick with only a P1X if getting the HE Sprints?

6) Planning on ordering the HE Sprints from Digital Motorsports. Is that the best place to order from (I am in the USA)?

Thanks!
Randy
:)

I have the Fanatec V3 with the BPK, and love them. I have no regrets, and do not plan on upgrading. However, I am going to recommend the HE Sprints. It has nothing to do with the product, but the support behind it. I have emailed Fanatec on several occasions and never a response (We are talking months at this point). I actually worry that if I ever have issues I will not be able to get the support I need to get the issue taken care of. This is one of the reasons I looked elsewhere when I purchased my direct drive wheel (Purchased the AccuForce V2 to replace my T300 which is now my backup set).

Good luck in your decision.

Yeah, i want the Sprints, but it is the customer service difference that is allowing me to rationalize spending the extra $$$ :)

Upvote 0
Going with the Sprints for sure, and will go thru this thread, and then write HE's customer service for advice on how to properly mount them to a P1-X, given that i also want my feet to be a bit higher up on them, and what exactly do i need to order from them. Expecting them to be pretty helpful

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years