HDR makes my game blurry

Hey guys, when i turn HDR on (i am running triple screens) the picture i get has a nasty blur effect, which turns me off especially when viewing the car in a replay. All this focus and dof effects i dont like.

I was fine running the game with HDR disabled until i saw some screenshots with some nice lighting effects, anyone got a solution for this blurriness thing?
Any suggestions to make it look better?

Semi serious lol! Strange indeed, you any screenshots?

Here is a picture, its hard to tell from a still image, but the game appears "muddy" to me.
It is not THAT terrible ofc, otherwise i wouldnt stand playing it, but i am expecting a more clear picture.
Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_imola_14-1-2014-18-6-41.jpg

Turn down bloom or edit hdr.ini

Turn down bloom? There is no such setting in the menu that i am aware of.
It certainly looks like the problem might be bloom and i found it in the hdr.ini , thanks.
Will change the 5.5 value to 0 and launch the game later today.
Thanks for the info.

So, i posted this "problem" in official assetto corsa forum, and user @Alex72 solved my problem. Thanks.

He told me to use sweetFX injector, which i didnt want at start because its a 3rd party solution but i gave it a try. I followed the steps described in this thread:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...r-ac-for-win-7-dx11-full-program-preset.6104/ and i made a couple of small changes to the config file of the sweetfx , i am attaching it here if anyone wants to try my settings. The result is an awesome picture with HDR on , many details are visible now, even the textures of the road are clean and the paint of the car looks awesome. I recommend it.

Here are a couple of comparison screenshots:

Ok, i just realised i cannot show the difference, because the screenshots are taken with sweetFX OFF no matter what i do.
Oh well i guess you will have to trust me, the result is REALLY good, i think triple screen users are going to have bigger effect than single.

Attachments

• SweetFX_settings.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 433
So, i posted this "problem" in official assetto corsa forum, and user @Alex72 solved my problem. Thanks.

He told me to use sweetFX injector, which i didnt want at start because its a 3rd party solution but i gave it a try. I followed the steps described in this thread:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...r-ac-for-win-7-dx11-full-program-preset.6104/ and i made a couple of small changes to the config file of the sweetfx , i am attaching it here if anyone wants to try my settings. The result is an awesome picture with HDR on , many details are visible now, even the textures of the road are clean and the paint of the car looks awesome. I recommend it.

Here are a couple of comparison screenshots:

Ok, i just realised i cannot show the difference, because the screenshots are taken with sweetFX OFF no matter what i do.
Oh well i guess you will have to trust me, the result is REALLY good, i think triple screen users are going to have bigger effect than single.

If you use the print key in your keyboard the screenshots are taken fine

As i said, i am back, with new screenshots.
I only took 1 scene, since it is so obvious i wonder how people can stand that blur with HDR on.

sweetFX OFF:
sweetfxOFF.jpg

sweetFX ON:
sweetfxON.jpg

You can see the difference on the asphalt, grass, shadows, car paint, everything.

Last edited:
I was looking into dx11.ini today, and i found this line:

MIP_LOD_BIAS=0 ; GO NEGATIVE (ie. -1) TO SHARP THE IMAGE

Can someone try a negative value and let me know the results? (with sweetfx disabled) I wont be able to do it until later today or tomorrow evening.

EDIT : Actually dont bother, i just tried it and it has not the same effect as the sweet fx. I give up and will go on using sweetfx :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back