HDR makes my game blurry

Hey guys, when i turn HDR on (i am running triple screens) the picture i get has a nasty blur effect, which turns me off especially when viewing the car in a replay. All this focus and dof effects i dont like.

I was fine running the game with HDR disabled until i saw some screenshots with some nice lighting effects, anyone got a solution for this blurriness thing?
Any suggestions to make it look better?

Yeah I know what you are talking about.
Seems like everyone gets slightly different results. With HDR enabled I was getting a crazy over-bloomed over-exposed on track and it became annoying having to pop the photo app everytime, reduce bloom, reduce HDR filtering and turn up exposure a bit to compensate.
Anyway getting to the point here, I suggest you edit the same way I did, which made the adjustments I had to make become default.
Change DOF settings to 0 by editing the 'ig_config' within your steam>steamapps>common>assettocorsa>system>cfg .
Save the updated file, fire up the game and DOF should all be zero by default.

I noticed last night that despite the file I suggested (the one with the the 3 DOF settings) all being 0's, if I am driving the 458, the photoapp tells me DOF=3. If Im driving the P4/5, the photoapp tells me DOF=0. I need to investigate further because I was on different tracks. Maybe its a track thing - dunno. :)

Weird because the manual adjustments I made for Bloom & HDR filtering are rock solid and never change.

@Harry James - when you are on track (using the settings you say are blurry) does popping out the photoapp and adjusting the Bloom/HDR etc make it better? If so, you probably need to manually edit the hdr.ini file.

@Paul Lock - Actually I've realised its only blurry at the pitstop menu (car rotating). Honestly I find the HDR exposure too bright in some cars, in particular the P4/5 and M3 GT2 when the sun is facing the windscreen. So I tried fiddling around with the hdr.ini in the steam AC folder, but I don't seem to notice any differences?

Edit: I forgot to say, I've turned off HDR for the moment. I must say, with HDR turned off the colour curve is quite natural. It seems like HDR makes the colours all washed out and oversaturated.

Guys, seriously now, it starts to hurt my eyes.
I dont know if it is the lighting method they are using, i just want a nice, crisp, CLEAR picture on my triple monitor setup.
When i turn HDR off, everything is nice and clear, but i miss the nice effects.
When i turn HDR on, its like there is a constant haze between my car and the world.
Any ideas or custom HDR profiles to fix this?
I had an idea, that maybe its the AA solution they are using. But since i just bought this nVidia 780 i am not quite sure which AA methods to use in the driver settings of the game using inspector, can some1 help me out here for the best possible solution performance / picture quality wise?
Also, i have noticed that some official skins have low resolution decals on them, it would be nice to have higher res versions of the skins....
I play @ bezel corrected (through the game's app) 5760 x 1200, all settings are maxed out except for FXAA which is off (since its introducing more smudgy effects) and also the reflections settings are kinda medium.

Halp!

Guys, seriously now, it starts to hurt my eyes.
I dont know if it is the lighting method they are using, i just want a nice, crisp, CLEAR picture on my triple monitor setup.
When i turn HDR off, everything is nice and clear, but i miss the nice effects.
When i turn HDR on, its like there is a constant haze between my car and the world.
Any ideas or custom HDR profiles to fix this?
I had an idea, that maybe its the AA solution they are using. But since i just bought this nVidia 780 i am not quite sure which AA methods to use in the driver settings of the game using inspector, can some1 help me out here for the best possible solution performance / picture quality wise?
Also, i have noticed that some official skins have low resolution decals on them, it would be nice to have higher res versions of the skins....
I play @ bezel corrected (through the game's app) 5760 x 1200, all settings are maxed out except for FXAA which is off (since its introducing more smudgy effects) and also the reflections settings are kinda medium.

Halp!

Are you sure its not your eyes? I seriously have a perfectly crisp picture with HDR.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back