HD UI

Misc HD UI 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
MJQT submitted a new resource:

HD UI - Sleek, functional, high-res dark mode UI for rFactor 1

HD User Interface

A new graphics style for xUI v1.80 by Riff. The goal was to make a sleek-looking, non-distracting UI with clear legible fonts for wide high-resolution screens.

Installation

• Backup your current …rFactor\UIData folder by copying it (if needed).
  • Place the provided UIData folder into your rFactor directory, overwriting the files.
  • If any mod has its own folder inside UIData, copy the provided UI files into this...

Read more about this resource...

A small note: if your experience is like mine, the final track in your track list will appear to be missing in the default track selection screen (a visual bug). But once you expand the bottom graphic across the entire screen like the image below, you can see every single track (including that final track)!
hd-track-select-jpg.551316

Last edited:
Yes, it's possible for both games. There's the HD UI mod for rF1 posted here, but also others that come with specific mods e.g. a whole brand new UI that comes with the fabulous HistorX mod. For GTR2, check out the modded UIs that come with GTR223's HQ Patch for the game.

Sadly, the expertise on how to create these modded UIs has disappeared. Those who have made them are, to my knowledge, gone from the sim racing community. So it'd be a matter of looking through the files in the modded UIs you can find, comparing them to the stock UIs, and "reverse engineering" how to make your own UI in that way. Wish I had more information I could share.

Last edited:
Yes, it's possible for both games. There's the HD UI mod for rF1 posted here, but also others that come with specific mods e.g. a whole brand new UI that comes with the fabulous HistorX mod. For GTR2, check out the modded UIs that come with GTR223's HQ Patch for the game.

Sadly, the expertise on how to create these modded UIs has disappeared. Those who have made them are, to my knowledge, gone from the sim racing community. So it'd be a matter of looking through the files in the modded UIs you can find, comparing them to the stock UIs, and "reverse engineering" how to make your own UI in that way. Wish I had more information I could share.
AAAAAAAHHHH SH1-T, ok thanks for the reply, man im editing MNU file (GTR2) and that have a lot of things maybe there is a tool that make things easy but, its ok im gonna try my best

Last edited:
You could also look at the P&G mod for GTR2, they edited every GUI screen in the game (even eliminating some menu options); while the GTLW team which did this have long disbanded, some of the people involved are still around.

Hi, I tried to install HD UI following the instructions provided, but I get this error message that prevents from starting rFactor: “couldn’t open baccept003.tga”

I have tried with two different mods: FSONE 2008 and 1960 Legends, and both stop loading at the same point.

Any ideas about the origin of the problem?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%