Having some trouble

Hey all,

Whenever i tab out of RF2 it crashes and wont let me return, i have to kill the Rfactor2 proces in taskmanager. It appears as a small rectangular black screen in my top left screen. I am trying to record some replays with obs but i cant get it to work because of this. I already checked integrity and that was fine. Not sure what to do now maybe anyone on here knows what the problem could be ?

Last edited:
I don't use full-screen because of the issue with switching out of the game. Borderless work best for me, I don't want to see a Window, and switching to my other monitor while running rF2 doesn't cause any issues. vSync is not on in borderless.

Windowed mode introduce input lag, i read that somewhere, is it true ?

I once read a lot on this subject and then tried it for myself, I can catch the same slides, do the same lap times in Windowed/Borderless as I can in Full Screen. Probably more noticeable when FPS is low or you have a low end PC, but as I as strive to get 60fps then I don't notice any significant lag.
Simple solution is to try it for yourself :)

thanks all, based on your comments it seems this is a commen problem. I run fullscreen mode so i will try to run in windowed mode to record the replays and just put it back to fullscreen when i play to prevent any possible inputlag. Cant try now but will let u guys know when i tested it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back