Having problems with new start procedure

Anyone having problems with the new online start procedure? Half the time it starts me on the wrong side of the track and I need to move over. Other times (as in the video) I'm on the right side but I still get a DT. Am I creeping out of position too much? Very hard to keep it bang on whilst dealing with other drivers. In the race featured in the video I received a DT.

I only think this new feature still needs to be tweaked and improved.
Most comments about it ... are more negative than positive for the moment.

Not negative because the "receipt" is bad ... but well as there are still things to be refined or corrected. ;)

Anyone having problems with the new online start procedure? Half the time it starts me on the wrong side of the track and I need to move over. Other times (as in the video) I'm on the right side but I still get a DT. Am I creeping out of position too much? Very hard to keep it bang on whilst dealing with other drivers. In the race featured in the video I received a DT.

I can't see any reason at your start to get a penalty :O_o:
Ther was a update today:

Another thing you don't have to care about are "dealing with other drivers". They're ghosted until the green lights come up.

Maybe useful for you.

You have to stay within the green until the 60 limit comes on and then you have to keep at 60 or below. If you exceed 60 (like you did at 37s) it will give you a DT.
It should probably have a little more leeway to be honest.
Just stick below 60 and you will be ok.

The only scenario where your formation position will be different from your gridding position is when people ahead disconnect during the post-session summary page phase (the page that pops up when qualy is over and before it changes to race).
However, if you follow the widget and move up to the correct row/side, you will not get a penalty. Lagging behind the target also doesn't penalize you, only if you fail to switch to the correct side.

They either need to drop you in the correct position or have the start procedure use the positions the cars are dropped in. It seems overly complex to have cars moving around. If there are empty rows (both slots) then allow cars to move forward and close gap but not side to side switching imo.

At the moment it happened I did not notice I was supposed to move over to the other side, it was only my second online race. I only noticed after I rewatched the race(recorded it).

The grid should automatically fix itself if anyone drops the race before it starts, not make people move left/right because one player left. At least 3 other players around me got a DT, and once I served my penalty, I could see a lot of other players with DT penalties lol.

OK thank you too for the info. I was wondering if that was the case but I thought surely not, I was only over 60 for about half a second! Lol.
Looking on your video, you started P10 and Badjuber P9, however you were ahead of him by quite a margin when it went green - the guy just to your right where P9 should be, is actually Rubini from P7. That's normally an instant penalty with this new system.

It's quite frustrating when you don't know exactly what you've done wrong, so you can't learn from it, but this is what you get for trying to get drivers to self-govern the start. A novel idea which was never going to work in non-league races. With the old system, you would just have been kept behind Badjuber and not deserved a penalty. This is why most lobbies have reverted to that.

EDIT: And yes, the green arrow guidance system is still very bugged, it can mislead you quite easily, as you just stayed in the green and the guy in P9 moved back. IMO this part of the update should have been part of public beta first. The green should align with the guy in P9 in this case and keep you slightly behind, unless he deliberately slows down (say below 45KM/h) and then return him to pits and lock his controls for 30 seconds as a penalty. Either way, it's not nearly ready for public racing. It was designed from the naive view of an entire lobby knowing exactly what they're doing.

Thanks for the insight. Will make sure it easier to spot again with this knowledge. I think about 30% of the field had a DT after this start, not ideal in the slightest.
Yeah, it's been a right mess. No wonder people have reverted to the original. I can see people on open lobbies bypass the entire field from the start as it would cost a lot less time than a drive through penalty - hopefully that will result in a disqualification though.

You have to stay within the green until the 60 limit comes on and then you have to keep at 60 or below. If you exceed 60 (like you did at 37s) it will give you a DT.
It should probably have a little more leeway to be honest.
Just stick below 60 and you will be ok.
This. I got nailed at the same track for going over the 60 KPH limit. To me the new system is extremely onerous. I know it is an attempt to keep people from taking advantage but I can also see people taking advantage of the system to have others suffer a DT.

IMO, the best would be to artificially limit the car speed until the green drops, as it was before.

If you read me @Gergo Panker ..... are there important changes in the server files ?... as there's still no news anywhere about Version 7.
No new server handbook and no news about a possible link at ACC forum despite a few messages there.

Shall we have an answer for monday at the latest ?.... our league has a championship round on monday evening and we need to prepare the files beforehand of course.

Thanks in advance

I've had DT in maybe 8 of 10 races, beginning ACC online just now. It's a bit confusing to begin with, not knowing which part of the rolling start triggered the DT.
Often, the roll start just before the last turn, and if the car at your inside didn't spawn, I might tend to just go to the apex behind the car in front. Why shouldn't I?
But, I'm down to thinking it's the side-switching that screws me up :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years