Having problems with new start procedure

Anyone having problems with the new online start procedure? Half the time it starts me on the wrong side of the track and I need to move over. Other times (as in the video) I'm on the right side but I still get a DT. Am I creeping out of position too much? Very hard to keep it bang on whilst dealing with other drivers. In the race featured in the video I received a DT.

Had two public server online races yesterday, which was my first encounter with the new starting procedure. Went fine, but was very nerve-wracking indeed. Not sure if any of the other contestants had DTs or any penalties because of starting procedure.

Do I like the new procedure? Hmm, not sure but adds another layer of difficulty/challenge.

I've had DT in maybe 8 of 10 races, beginning ACC online just now. It's a bit confusing to begin with, not knowing which part of the rolling start triggered the DT.
Often, the roll start just before the last turn, and if the car at your inside didn't spawn, I might tend to just go to the apex behind the car in front. Why shouldn't I?
But, I'm down to thinking it's the side-switching that screws me up :p
You should always just follow the instructions. If it makes you move over from the left side to the right side, do it. Also make sure you stay below the 60 kph speed limit from the moment this shows up. Collisions are off before the green light, so you can drive through other cars. If everybody follows the instructions, there shouldn't be any problem when the lights hit green (as everybody should be on the correct side of the track and in the correct position). :)

@thestig171 didn't know collisions are off during starting phase. Cheers for that info.
I did exceed the 60 kph for a fraction of a second but did not get penalized for that. There is some leeway I suppose (or penalties were turned off on that server).

@thestig171 didn't know collisions are off during starting phase. Cheers for that info.
I did exceed the 60 kph for a fraction of a second but did not get penalized for that. There is some leeway I suppose (or penalties were turned off on that server).

How would you know if you didn't get penalized for speeding, does it say so when the penalty shows?
I just get the same DT text each time.

No problem. I figured it out myself during the 1st online race. I accelerated too quickly and couldn't stop when the car in front of me braked during the starting phase. Luckily I drove straight through him. :D

There certainly is some leeway. During the starting phase (well, the last corner basically) I still try to warm my tires and brakes. So when the 60 kph speed limit shows up, I am normally driving well above that speed. I would say you definitely have some time to comply. :)

How would you know if you didn't get penalized for speeding, does it say so when the penalty shows?
I just get the same DT text each time.
Well, in that case, I suppose he didn't get any penalty right after starting the race. :thumbsup:
From what I've seen, it's always the same DT regardless of the infraction (wrong position, speeding). You might want to check out the change logs from the recent updates (V1.3 of V1.3.1). Maybe there Kunos explained it more in detail.

You get a different penalty message if it's position (lateral or ahead of target) or speeding. When you arrive in the 60 zone, there are a few seconds of threshold but the scripted target is already doing 60 well before that, so you really shouldn't arrive much faster into the speed delta phase if you stick to the green box.

How is it that I have done many races and I never had a single problem with the new system? Man, if it's so buggy and confusing, I must be a very bright individual or a very lucky dude.

The system works when people do what they are supposed to do. And most of the people complaining are the ones who gained free positions with the old system. Or the pole seaters who got a big head start just for being on pole and doing the max speed allowed by the limiter since the start.

How is it that I have done many races and I never had a single problem with the new system? Man, if it's so buggy and confusing, I must be a very bright individual or a very lucky dude.

The system works when people do what they are supposed to do. And most of the people complaining are the ones who gained free positions with the old system. Or the pole seaters who got a big head start just for being on pole and doing the max speed allowed by the limiter since the start.
Imagine thinking a problem doesn't exist just because it never happened to you.

Wish we were all as perfect as you Jorge, then there would be perfect online racing.

So you have never experienced having to switch sides of the track at the beginning of the race?
I guess he must have. This is what he posted earlier:
The system works when people do what they are supposed to do.
I guess he does what he's supposed to do.

Personally, I have never had a DT or SG penalty either since the new procedure was implemented. I think it is pretty straight forward: simply follow the instructions and ignore others cars around you. If you do that, you should be fine. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back