PC1 Having another try at Pcars...........

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lately, in preparation of the impending release of Pcars 2, I have been spending a few more hours on Pcars. I have been in three races in the last two days and the standard of the opponents has been pretty damn good in some very close racing in the GT3 class. I love the Caddy or the Chevy.

But the late breaking and dive bombing going into corners is a bit unsettling to say the least. Every one seems to out break me and dive on the inside. No respect whatsoever.
I have ranted at them, threatened to report them, even a had a verbal slanging match with one of em, but all to no avail. I was racing last night at Road America and having a superb race in changeable weather but it seemed that some just love to spoil it by dive bombing me and forcing me to make last minute direction changes completely ruining my smooth racing lines. I suppose I could be more aggressive and dive to the inside every time and put a stop to it. Give em some of their own medicine.

What is a guy supposed to do?

I suppose I could try racing online instead?:)

In a lot of cases, since the races are usually set to very few laps, it's balls to the wall, with only some regard for other players. I have had some great races, but the wreckers are still around to ruin your race.

I did, I just wasn't sure if you were joking on that part or not. So you were indeed racing the AI right? :p Yes they behave like mediocre online lobbies sometimes ;)

Yes I am talking about the AI. They are quite good but very erratic and the dive bombing is just silly. But really enjoying some long races in Pcars 1 at the moment. I got decent FFB and the graphics are nice. I really enjoy racing in the helmet view. It is very immersive.

I tried it too recently but just got the 'unhandled exception trapped...' error message with a crash to desktop as soon as it starts loading. Looking at the forums, this seems a fairly common issue, but apparently with no common resolution :(

There isnt always the same issue, what you can do is post in the appropriate area, technical etc, and they ask you to upload a dump file created on crash instance and it specifies what the problem was.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%