Having 3 monitors is so sweet

Scrambles

Mower of Lawns
I've been meaning to take a picture of this since Christmas:

My Baby.jpg

Very expensive, but a hell of a lot of fun :cool:

I have been thinking about such a rig since a long time as well 3 monitor setup but never realy took the step to do it mainly because i feel im better off with just one screen and its still a reasonable big investment you have to make though.

To top off you just need a nice racing seat to complete youre rig Simon xD

Awesome stuff Simon!!!

Are you using a Digital TH2G box or SoftTH? what video card/s are you using? can you use a 4th monitor for your race telemetry?

I've got 3 x 22" using SoftTH but considering to get the Digital TH2G with SLI nvidia cards..

Awesome stuff Simon!!!

Are you using a Digital TH2G box or SoftTH? what video card/s are you using? can you use a 4th monitor for your race telemetry?

I've got 3 x 22" using SoftTH but considering to get the Digital TH2G with SLI nvidia cards..

No, my ATI graphics card has Eyefinity, so I can connect as many as 6 monitors (it's got 6 mini-DP connectors) without the need for SoftTH or TH2G. I've got 2 5870s, though I regret not getting just 1 5970, as most older games don't like Crossfire/SLI and even modern games don't utilize it very well at all.

If you're going for SLI nVidia you don't need TH2G or SoftTH, as new nVidia cards will let you run games across 3 monitors on their own. If you go with ATI you only need one card - which is useful is you're running an old game like DiRT 1 that won't run with SLI/Crossfire.

Whatever you pick, do your research before hand because there are many pitfalls you can fall into running 2 cards and/or 3 monitors.

ahh I didn't know the new nvidia cards allow that, thats great news as it saves $600 just to split the screens and not having to pay for a 2nd card...

Are you running each monitor at 1920x1200?

I run my 22" monitors at 1680x1050x3

Yeah each monitor @ 1920x1200. On some FPS heavy games I can might turn it down to 1680x1050x3 because the difference is hardly noticeable but the increase in FPS is usually huge.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 145 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%