Have Your Say: Your Favourite Sim Car and Track Combo

My all time favorite;
GSC Extreme: C.A.R.T. Extreme mod @ Toronto Honda Indy track mod.
My hometown track driving one of my favorite cars.

Honda Indy track: Because I absolutely love tight street circuits. And its my hometown track. Also, this track is very rare in most sims. I wish racing sims had more street cicuits. They really force you to drive with a high level of precision, focus and intensity. Driving at high speeds in an open wheel car; very very VERY close to the walls every single lap, just grabs a massive hold onto my heart every time.

Cart extreme mod (Indy Car): The mod was made to perfection! Love the sounds! Handles great and driving the car on its limits consistantly completing laps is very rewarding.

I haven't tried the car in the new AMS, but I will have to redownload it (latest version) and give it a go! I don't know if the Toronto track mod works with AMS. I will have to find that out.

Favorites per sim;
R3E: P2 Radical @ Laguna Seca
AMS: FV10/FClassic on any track! (These cars are very addictive! FClassic is like a horror movie on four wheels!!!!!)
AC: GT3 @ Nordschleife
Race07: Daytona Portotype mod @ Road America

View attachment 178917
We've asked for your favourite car, we've enquired about your track of choice, now it's time to see what you the community consider your favourite car and track combination in sim racing....

People sim race for many different reasons and get from the sport many different kinds of satisfaction, be it the test of chasing those final few thousandths of a second, or the thrill of racing wheel to wheel for position, everyone is different. Some of us are exclusively dedicated to offline single player championships, or get our kicks from collecting achievements and credits to unlock in game content. Many players dedicate their free time to mayor online leagues and lots of people like to try their hand at multiple club style racing each night, it all makes up the brilliant world of sim racing and our great community.

Regardless of how you like to sim race, one thing must remain a constant across all players, and that is the personal preference of car and track combined. That special combination that gets the juices flowing, the particular mix of horsepower and tarmac that always ends up as your "go-to" option when time is short and enjoyment is at a premium.

So the question I would like to ask you all is: What is your favourite car and track combination, across any sim, any age and any platform?

As always this isn't a question aimed at which sim is the best / most realistic or whatever, it's just a simple case of asking you all what car and track in any sim game gives you the biggest grin, the happiest feeling, the largest sense of satisfaction when you come back into the virtual pits after pushing the edge of the envelope just one more time.

When submitting your choice in the comments please do feel free to leave some commentary as to why you have picked that particular combination, and what makes it so special for you (videos are always nice too ;) :p )....

Happy debating folks!
At present I've two or three favourite track car combos ..at present they are ..
rFactor 2 - ISI Formula 2012 - @ Imola (sinomen)
Automobilista- Caterham Superlight Standard - @
Mendig Bergschleife -
Automobilista- Formula Classic - @ Imola 1988 -

Well for me this is a very difficult question as my preferences always seem to change depending on the mood I'm in :) I must admit the varied and less well known tracks of Automobilista usually offer some good value for money in the entertainment department, especially with the awesome feeling of the cars.

If pushed however I'd have to pick something I've not driven for a long time, but still keeps me awake at night with excitement...

rFactor 2 driving the 1966 Brabham-Repco BT20 at either historic Spa or historic Monaco.

Now that's a combination that's pretty bloody hard to beat imho :)

Running a close second would have to be the 90's DTM cars in Assetto Corsa running on the awesome Donington Park mod track from @Brun, mainly because I'm a big Donington fan and his track is spectacular, and everyone likes manual h-shifter tin top touring cars don't they :D

Thoroughly enjoying the feel of the cars in Automobilista at the moment, mostly racing offline, with my current favourite being the Ultima GTR 640 on Bryce Canyon. Too much power, road tires, slippery track, ridiculous gradients and cambers - what's not to like?

The Green Hell, in a Spec Racer Ford [iRacing]

Not the fastest or most glamorous car, but it will teach you so much in race craft, racing this car for the past five years has made me a better and safer driver, ....oh and it has a great wee friendly community.

e.g. an oldie but a goodie :)

After trying many things:
AC - BMW Z4 GT3 - Nordschleife
Assetto Corsa has this easy to drive feeling that GT3 cars should have while it's quiete "uneasy" to really push the limit of this car. On Project Cars the Rear always wants to snap (but lap times are faster) and on RRE the Track is just not as beatiful as in AC to give you this "I AM IN THE GREEN HELL"-feeling and immersion.
The Z4 GT3 is my favorite of the GT3 cars because it's relativly short and really cuts through the corners while it's powerful enough to be fun on the straights. The AMG GT3 for example is a little bit more powerful but feels also a little bit heavier.
Important to say: I hate the stock sounds of Assetto Corsa, but especially the Z4 GT3 really comes to life with Fonsecker's Sound-Mod! You hear every detail and the Gearbox squeals while the engine just destroys your ears.
I LOVE IT!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years