Have Your Say: Who Do You Think Will Win the 2018 Formula One Drivers Title?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Who Will Win the Formula One 2018 Title.jpg

Formula One testing is over and the teams are heading to Melbourne - the big question is, who do you think will win the 2018 WDC?

Ok sorry this is late posting, I've been recovering from something of an over exuberant evening of festivities...

Apologies / excuses aside, the burning 'Have Your Say' question for this weekend is related to the sphere of real world motorsport, namely the most famous and popular of them all - the 2018 Formula One World Championship.

With some interesting rule changes and a seemingly resurgent Ferrari and Red Bull team putting in the laps (and the times) at Barcelona during pre-season testing, the potential exists for the coming season to be markedly closer at the front of the grid than has been the case these last few years.

So good people of RaceDepartment, the question to ask you all today is:

Who do you think will win the 2018 FIA Formula One World Drivers Championship?

The fastest laps of winter testing per team

1. Ferrari - Sebastian Vettel - 1:17.182
  2. McLaren - Fernando Alonso - 1:17.784
  3. Red Bull - Daniel Ricciardo - 1:18.047
  4. Renault - Carlos Sainz - 1:18.092
  5. Haas - Kevin Magnussen - 1:18.360
  6. Toro Rosso - Pierre Gasly - 1:18.363
  7. Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton - 1:18.400
  8. Force India - Esteban Ocon - 1:18.967
  9. Sauber - Charles Leclerc - 1:19.118
  10. Williams - Sergey Sirotkin - 1:19.189

Share your opinion in the comments section (and poll) below (and above)!

Last edited:
I hope it will be Vettel, but it probably will be Hamilton. The Mercedes will probably be able to turn the engine up to 11 in Quali.

• Deleted member 99238

Without grid girls and with electric engins, F-1 is of no interest to anyone.
Good luck. :sneaky:

• Deleted member 205301

i think, as usual there will be no surprise ...
So it should be again an Hamilton Vs Vettel ... the only thing I hope is to see some action, and some great races...
@++

With all the analyze from the Tests (long runs, short runs, yadda yadda yadda), I think... If Ferrari or Red Bull doesn't pull off something spectacular, Hamilton will cruise easily to the 5th title. Because currently... Mercs were considerably OP in the long runs. So again, just to reiterate, if Ferrari or Red Bull doesn't pull off something spectacular in Melbourne and Hamilton wins the qualy by 0.5s, it's game over already.

As much I would like to see RB’s Max Verstappen or Daniel Ricciardo become WDC, I think Mercedes and Lewis will still be the ones to beat. Though I think the margins will be a lot smaller than last year.

But that’s just my educated guess. At the end of the season we will know it. :p

Probably gonna be Hamilton once again, Merc seems even better than last year looking at the tests. F1 has never been as predictable since 2014.

Should fix the question. Who you think it would be given the Blingblingpröötpröötflipflop-serie's title, even before the season is yet to be started? I have a guess, it's the guy who will leave the serie's and team if they dont win. Tip, he drive's silver Blingblingpröötpröötflipflop...

I'm gonna blunt and I'm sure am right about the winner this year: the champion will be the dude who amass more points. *drum rolls*

Hamilton is the most likely candidate, unless he has terrible luck. I think that Mercedes has been hiding the true potential of its car. My only hope is that Ferrari, RBR and maybe McLaren have been able to close the gap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%