Have Your Say: What Would You Like to See as the New ISI Racing Game IP?

I'd like to see a polished rF1 style independent driver career mode.
Purchase and tune your car, join a appropriate race series. spend or earn money for your next car...and moving on...

I think it's pretty known what their "not rF3" is. It's "Rogue System" - http://imagespaceinc.com/rogsys/ It's even on steam early access.
It's definitely _not_ rF3 and it looks like it's being developed for some years now.

I have read from them that it is not Rogue System, and IIRC around that time of the announcements it was mentioned it will be some form of racing or simulator. My quick search can't bring up the info though.
Michael Juliano created that sim himself after leaving the ISI content team, and I think ISI acted as a publisher for that.

In all of this though, one could argue that they are making a more industry focused software, like RfPro is. Could be where their engineers are better spent, private and military type contracts?

I think the not "a direct competitor" is interesting. Surely that rules out road racing and GTs etc etc. I'm guessing Rallying or motorbikes or a complete series as RF2 is a mish mash. Or maybe an iRacing style e sports direction?

Well I'm thinking Nascar, they made a decent effort in rF2, had the rules working etc.(AI a bit wonky though).
iRacing seems to have the market so far(them other Nascar "efforts" don't count as Sims :whistling:)
But, as said above, they will need a new Graphics Engine or they will be laughed off the track........:coffee:

As they are Amurican I would like them to just do a killer sim containing NASCAR and Indy only.

Level of graphic's that rival AC but handle ling and track tarmac wear that is present in RF2. Love the way the track grove darkens over time....would also love to see the skid marks stay the duration of the session. Have the skid marks the actual size of the tires would be nice as well.

Decent graphics, Rogue Systems is doing nothing to calm my worries the ISI just don't get it when it comes to graphics. It looks alright, but it's a genre I grew up with expecting to be at the absolute forefront of what a computer could do. From Elite to Independence War 2 back to Elite, the genre can and should look amazing, not alright. Then again in many ways the same could be said of racing games.

Apart from this I'm pretty sure I'll really enjoy whatever they put out next if it's a racing sim. I'd also be ok with them getting the Mechwarrior license, but Indy Cars will do. ;)

Decent graphics, Rogue Systems is doing nothing to calm my worries the ISI just don't get it when it comes to graphics. It looks alright, but it's a genre I grew up with expecting to be at the absolute forefront of what a computer could do. From Elite to Independence War 2 back to Elite, the genre can and should look amazing, not alright. Then again in many ways the same could be said of racing games.

Apart from this I'm pretty sure I'll really enjoy whatever they put out next if it's a racing sim. I'd also be ok with them getting the Mechwarrior license, but Indy Cars will do. ;)
dude... Rogue System is a 1 guy effort and not linked to ISI at all...

Clearly it's linked to ISI since it's presented as an ISI product by ISI on their own website. Haven't payed much attention to it TBH because I get my spacefix from Elite so I didn't know it was a one man effort though. Point still stands that the two products ISI have put their name on the last decade have been visually mediocre, and I would really like to see them raise the bar in this field for not-rF3.

What we know so far...
- not rF3
- not a rF2 contender
- still a racing game
- they are going to apply their experience from rF/rF2 titles to new title
- half, if not 3/4 of manpower moved from ISI to Studio397

So we can say....
- new title isn't a direct evolution of rF2
- new title isn't a modding platform / sandbox racing game
- new title as racing sim will have well defined content (even due the previous point)
- new title will share part of rF/rF2 code
- some of the ISI staff still helps Studio397/Reiza

Heavy speculation will let us think that...
- after ISI leaved rF2 to S397 we saw Simbin and GT3 announcement, but they said are looking for people to hire so I don't think they are related with ISI...
- Project Cars 2 beta surfaced and a lot of people say "it drives like rF2", but I think SMS finally nailed the right physics/ffb without the ISI help...(or not?)
- SMS is also working on a plane racing sim...but no...I think no...I hope no...
- Reiza is working on the shadows for next title, they are in a hurry to close AMS development (1.5 will be the last branch of the SIM before next new one) and they are looking for moving their content from gMotor to a new graphic engine and they are also looking to improve the pMotor, ISI licensed rF engine to Reiza so they could work together in order to give them support on transition and maybe a new graphic engine and improved physics...also Reiza title is focused on South America tracks, if they want to expand to North America tracks they will find on ISI the opportunity for a full Americas centered SIM (and I hope this is the real scenario)
- will ISI announce a new IP?
Maybe...but too much work required to develop a full sim by themselves...in my opinion of course...

My personal secret dream...
Reiza focusing on americas tracks only...
Reiza's european/australian tracks and cars moved to rF2...
rF2 Panoz cars moved to Reiza titles...
ISI licensing and developing BTCC or TCR as DLC for rF2...

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back