Have Your Say: What Would You Like to See as the New ISI Racing Game IP?

confused, so if they couldn't get rF2 to be better and more popular , so that other company is trying to do that now, .. what's the point of starting new IP ?? shouldn't they be part of the team that's trying to improve rF2 and do new IP after that ??

it doesnt' really matter what they do, as long as it's focused on that one thing,
one problem of rF2 was that it's content was all over the place

As a full time gardener, I'd love to see ISI tackle one of the most overlooked regions of gaming and produce a fully fledged lawn mower simulation series. It would give me something to do on my weekends.

On a more serious note, I'd like ISI work on a complete racing game (as oppose to a modding platform like rF). Something with a career mode and decent AI.
http://www.blmra.co.uk/

They could make the official game of the BLMRA!

If it's a racing sim, I have a feeling it will be Indy related. They had a lot of content licensed for rF2 that will never see the light of day in that title now and the URD package and that detail hints at something. Wheatley also has sent me a few messages on twitter since the announcement that ISI is working on something "not rF2" that kind of hint at it to me. He could be pulling my leg though.

Whatever it is though, I hope by the time we see it publicly it is actually well along. None of this long rolling rough beta stuff we had with rF2 for years on end.

I thought they already said ISI was doing a racing game still, Rouge System is one of the developers who used to be at ISI but still has a good relationship with them AFAIK.

• Deleted member 217114

ISI should go full sim/hardcore/realistic Rally. But since Codies have Your Stage every rally game should have generated stages now.

You mean as opposed to Sports Car GT, the F1 games, rFactor 1? It's just rF2 that have been 'bad' in terms of ISI games.

With that being said, a proper IndyCar game would be fun. It's been 14 years since the last good IndyCar game, it's time for another proper game.

Mentioned games can be considered as finished and good games. The rF2's case is the only reason why my feelings about new ISI's games are rather moderate.

confused, so if they couldn't get rF2 to be better and more popular , so that other company is trying to do that now, .. what's the point of starting new IP ?? shouldn't they be part of the team that's trying to improve rF2 and do new IP after that ??

it doesnt' really matter what they do, as long as it's focused on that one thing,
one problem of rF2 was that it's content was all over the place

Tim Wheatley said ISI is pretty much focused on "not rf3" going forward in this interview

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/exclusive-isi-studio-397-rfactor-2-interview-part-1.126263/

I got the impression that ISI were pretty much done with rF2. It was Studio 397 who felt there was still life left in it, just as Reiza felt there was life left in the rF1 engine. I suppose from ISIs point of view rF2 has probably not been a commercial success, hence the decision to move to a new "not rF3" IP. You could say Kunos went through a similar process - after the lack of commercial success of NetKar Pro they went on to produce a new IP (Assetto Corsa) which tried to learn from the commercial mistakes made in NKP.

Sportscar GT 2

Start your career racing karts, then move to formula fords, formula 4, then gt4, then gt3 or gte. Then jump into prototypes. Go from racing at your local karting circuit to lemans in porsche prototypes. Throw in some single make classes (radicals, spec racer fords, legends). Use the sportscar gt as base idea what it is and make the career central part of the game. Have players earn money to buy upgrades, buy teams, buy rides. Innovate with the career concept and try to add new things into it (make testing interesting, add stuff like brand loyalty, try to create a factory driver/gentleman career path, make geography play a role as well so players can start from europe, usa or japan for example... etc...)

Make it good and release it. Develope and update the game for couple of years. It will be good proposition for sim racers because of the good rf2 physics engine and ai and simulation features. It will also be the de facto gt racing game with full rulesets for each series. At the same time it is a fresh take on the old school racing games everybody grew up with while also being its own thing.

Make some historical dlc. Vln dlc with nordschleife. Lemons dlc! Be open with the dlc and allow people race together with people who have no dlc cars. Try to avoid dlc tracks and focus on full series and cars. Add online functionality into the game so that people can create their own teams, leaderboards and events. Throw in some purely cosmetic mictrotransactions like skins, helmets and driver suits (both skins and models).

It can't fail!
(or make viper racing 2 but with ALL the sportscars)

• Deleted member 130869

@Matt Orr I think it's Indy or Nascaww, and if it's Indy I think they'd have to relicense the historic material, unless they threw a changeball on us and took it away from the rF2 licenses.

New money

Probably another toilet ware sim, with the same dated graphics engine that they have been using since Sports Car GT, the same graphics engine that powers rFactor 2.

Probably another toilet ware sim, with the same dated graphics engine that they have been using since Sports Car GT, the same graphics engine that powers rFactor 2.

Oh Mel...you say you don't have any hate for their products, and only want to see them get better...yet you post drivel like this...

I will say it will either be an Indy sim or a rally sim. And done in a more focused and tailored sim for those series.
Both give good opportunity for rising through the ranks and a career setup, so it could be interesting to see.

The rogue system IP is just being produced by ISI, they aren't actually developing it. And I also think it won't be content for rf2, as the content team is still producing for S397 currently.
I think what's left at ISI are mostly the engineers who do the serious engine stuff, the guys behind the physics, etc.

Oh Mel...you say you don't have any hate for their products, and only want to see them get better...yet you post drivel like this...
Calm down you don't have to take my comments seriously, did you see me go ape [BEEP] when Slightly Mad Studio announce a new IP, and everyone started digging up past personal issues they had with the team.., and labelled the new IP simcade...No?

I just hope they have scrapped that graphics engine once and for all, otherwise I dare them to use it in their new IP, Oh and that miles sound engine they are using is old as well from 1990s :)

Not rF3 could still refer to anything from a space sim to yet another crafting zombie survival thing to a top-down 2d RPG, so where's the evidence that whatever they do from now on is any sort of racing sim?

Given how rF2 went, sort of went, kind of maybe sort of went, then got handed off to someone else completely, I wouldn't like ISI to do anything consumer racing sim related anymore. They obviously have a bunch of talented people working there, and could find something far more focused, and less open-ended to work on that would remind us all that ISI was a thing.

The BTCC sim we really need should go (just about) anywhere else.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back