Have Your Say: What Cars or Series Would You Most Like to See in Modern Sims?

(v8) Supercars, a full game with classic cars as well, from the original Group 3A 5 liter formula to Project Blue Print through to the modern Next Gen Cars. Include all tracks, all makes and all teams. If needed base it on the current Season and make the additional seasons DLC. I would be good to have a proper focused sim, not a half arsed attempt like TOCA, or a car here or there in other sims. There is a market for it and I still don't understand why we haven't got one yet. At least there is an active modding community that does try to fill the void for AC, RF1/2, Automobilsta. But a proper professionally developed and focused sim would be awesome.
Even if we had a sim the focused on Touring cars in general with, BTCC, WTCC, TCA, DTM and Supercars based on the current Cars with "classic" DLC I'm sure it would be a hit.

I'd lo

I'd love a sim with:
- Blancpain GT3
- WEC
- IMSA

With the option to race any car on any track across the three series. Maybe this would be too massive of a game for $50 and bad for the developer. But maybe there could be a system where you could choose which class you wanted for the base content, and then pay for the other two individually, say $25 each?

I love the WEC, as well as GT3 and LMP racing in general so those are a grat idea.
But why not the old ALMS and ELMS to it?

And also the Super GT and the Intercontinental GT Challenge, oh and the Australian GT series, was well as the Various Asian GT series.

OH and..........the VLN and ADAC GT Masters please, yeah I'm totally biased for that, I'm german sue me! ;)

TCR, TCR, TCR, TCR!!! :D
Yes please that series is interesting to and has to few mentions.
LeMans series (prototypes and GT) of all ages...

Le Mans during the ages would be great, not just Group C and today, but also for all the classic cars of the times.
A wider Group C Championship would also be great and also GT1 up to 1998.

While we're at it....older iterations of the DTM would be great, you know the DTM in the Nineties and the early 2000's.

Edit: and I totally forgot the BTCC during the 90's....fond Toca Memories.

Also F1 during the V10 era please, and before, like that weird era with the high mounted wings. ;)

The Edwardian races though, they do sound interesting, as well as the full group 5.

• Deleted member 130869

Any of the following seasons of WSPC (then known as Group C prototypes) cars:
With fitting tracks, above all. At least half of the schedule (or 6, whichever is the lowest number) available immediately.

Adding to my original post, Japanese Sports Prototype Championship:

Formula 1 seasons:

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to see V8 Supercars, and WEC, but most of all Id like to see that realistic series calendars are included for those who enjoy to race offline as well.. just picking single races takes the fun out of fighting through the schedule, with the ups and downs for the championship.

Oh boy, where do i start...

2000s F1:
Full season, all the teams, all the tracks. I'm a big F1 fan myself and I grew up during that time. I would LOVE to see the 2001 season in a modern sim (super fast cars; last year before a whole load of tracks got modified)

CART/Champ Car:
Fast cars, open wheel, street circuits, airports, bumpy. Honestly, these are one of my, if not my favourite racing cars ever. I think it really is the exceptionally unique tracklist, what makes this series one of my favourites. A shame it doesn't exist anymore.

V8 Supercars:
Well, there are some modern sims, that provide us with V8 Supercar content. But none of these offer us a full tracklist or even a full championchip.

F1 2017:
This might sound strange, as we get F1 2017 by codemasters anyway. And I know, codemasters isn't a true sim. But you know what? I don't care. As long as the cars are good to drive and somewhat realistic (as they have been for the past two years) I'm happy. I have always been a passionate offline player, who loves to drive a full season against competetive AI. And I'm really looking forward on driving these new huge, wide, fast cars on any track tbh.

I've played so much rFactor, DTM (or TOCA, depending on where you're from) Race Driver 3 in the past, just because these games offered so much content. And driving all these cars in a championchip was all I'm after. I even made championchip excel charts, so I can review all my driven seasons. I made my own fantasy seasons. I thought about things like "What if there was a european F1 championchip? What if there was a massive DTM-style touring car championchip with numerous manufacturers?. What if there was a huge worldwide multiclass championchip (like VLN, just all over the world)". To this day I still am a massive enthusiast when it comes to offline championchips. That's why I like F1 2016's career mode, GTR2's championchip and - as a new addition - R3E's various championchips so much. You can always get me with stuff like that. But having a modern sim with some great fully licensed championchips from the past would make my year. Honestly...

• Deleted member 130869

Bit of a bump but I can't believe I forgot the mid-90s Japanese Super GT series.

I think a few have said GPL , i never even knew of it when it was out but would love to see it now with the modern graphics engine , This track is only 10 mins from my house as well.

Always a fan of touring car championships for league/online events due to their relatively "easy to drive" characteristics, which means the racing is usually close. Would be good to see a series of closely matched cars which has a mix of different car types; front and rear drive, different wheelbases, estates (;)), etc, like the current BTCC grid.
Agree that TCR would probably be a more realistic/reasonable step in the right direction, seeing as those cars (or at least cars of similar specs) are run worldwide.

Tracks wise, more please! :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years