Have Your Say: Wet Weather Sim Racing - Is It Even Necessary?

Not necessary. It's not often done properly and once the novelty wears off...If it's off line and career oriented and historical (if applicable) then it's OK.

it's very expensive to crash real life car in wet, .. why not practice in simulator where no there are no $$$$ for repair bills

yes it's not essential, but I love it.
Not necessary racing, but just driving in it. one car, dusk or close to night, rain, .. and let's drive!

and it can add fun and disapointment to racing, like in F1 where you go for new tires only as weather changes and your race in ruined, or you win out of nowhere if you pitted right and other didn't

OK lets take this another way then.
So we have current games with rain:
PCars 1 and PCars 2
RF 2
F1 2017
Forza 6

So for the people saying it can't be a sim without rain.......

AC
AMS
GSCE
RRE
iRacing

So, after the 2017 Singapore F1 Grand prix is there anyone who still thinks rain isn't necessary??? In my opinion it was the best race weekend in years.
You obviously didn't saw them many didn't you ? :D
I was laughing my *ss out whet that self proclaimed semi-clown Eddie Jordan said something like... nah... I'll actually quote it:
"Singapore, what an unbelievable race, particularly after the rain started. We were served up a titanic..." and wondering did him and me watch the same race ?
Ok, that's his job I guess... to (try to) make spectacle out of it. No hard feelings. :)
But.
Almost every Singapore was delivering more action than this one (and this one was first in rain mind you!) except if you taking those many retirements as an "action".
Sorry... another classic street race, with not so big overtaking opportunities. And rain makes drivers even more cautious, even Hamilton said himself after the race "I didn't want to end up in the wall like Senna in 1988".

So, after the 2017 Singapore F1 Grand prix is there anyone who still thinks rain isn't necessary??? In my opinion it was the best race weekend in years.
It did, race was fantastic. Problem is that some people think a good race is only when you have cars fighting on track, sometimes an engine blow can be just as dramatic. These people really need to learn to appreciate racing, but it's no surprise considering the current world...
That drama was just fantastic, one lap kept people watching and talking for the rest of the race.

You obviously didn't saw them many didn't you ? :D
I was laughing my *ss out whet that self proclaimed semi-clown Eddie Jordan said something like... nah... I'll actually quote it:
"Singapore, what an unbelievable race, particularly after the rain started. We were served up a titanic..." and wondering did him and me watch the same race ?
Ok, that's his job I guess... to (try to) make spectacle out of it. No hard feelings. :)
But.
Almost every Singapore was delivering more action than this one (and this one was first in rain mind you!) except if you taking those many retirements as an "action".
Sorry... another classic street race, with not so big overtaking opportunities. And rain makes drivers even more cautious, even Hamilton said himself after the race "I didn't want to end up in the wall like Senna in 1988".

You must be 19 right??? No problem...kids just don't know what a race should be like

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back