Have Your Say: Things to Look Forward to in 2018

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - 2018 Highlights .png

The first 'Have Your Say' of 2018 is here! Have a read and get your responses submitted in the comments section below!

Traditionally at the end of a calendar year I would write a little summary of the previous 12 months and look forward to what is in store the following year. However sometimes I wonder if my personal opinion matches that of our substantial community, and more often than not I end up missing something that many people feel should be included. With those lessons learnt I thought it might be interesting to turn the tables and let you folks tell us the what sounds exciting for 2018, so here goes!

The question for this, the first 'Have Your Say' of 2018, is:

Tell us what sim racing related things you are looking forward to in 2018!

Have fun, stay respectful and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Nope it isn't a weekend, it's just that I've not got anything else newsworthy to write about so I thought 'why not?'. Plus my pedals have broken, so I can't even race... :(

Paul first of all thanks for all the great info etc we where given in 2017.
Since trying many of the so called sims on here, i only started playing rf2 from the xmas steam sale and wow this game although hasn't got the graphic appeal its certainly makes up for it in the feel and the feeling of been involved in a actual race ,from the marshals waving their flags, great ai , to the effect of turning the wheel, so am really looking forward to see and how this game is improved even further, i wish i had played this sim earlier, in terms to other games i would like to see improvements with AI in raceroom to me this is what lets this game down slightly, like to see someone else take the f1 games on (bring back geoff Crammond) however since playing the 1988 mod in rf2 probably won't buy another f1 game! Ams in my view needs to get a little better in the looks department and feel , and AC needs to improve a little on driving physics. other wise i quite happy!!!!!!

1. Whatever Kunos is working on
  2. Whatever Reiza is working on
  3. Whatever free stuff Polyphony throws at GranTurismo
  4. GRAVEL: will be my rally fill for the year
  5. GTR3? if its a thing still
  6. Onrush: Bit unsure about what it is but motorstorm was sorta fun back in the day and this is evos next title
  7. Beamng: Its still in infancy after however long but it may come together this year
  8. Rfactor 2 dlc and better ui
  9. Project cars 2 dlc: might be good
  10. Ride 3? Not a sim but ride 2 was really fun, my first bike game with like 200 bikes was crazy
  11. MODS MODS MODS

I'm probably being overly optimistic, but I'm looking forward to seeing day to night transitions in iRacing. I doubt it will be this year though, but I think that will make their 24 hour events spot on. I know they teased 2new lmp cars (already out of date) but I don't think we'll see them until the transition and to be fair lighting effects are in place. Also they need address the mass disconnect that happened a few times and totally ruined the le mans event.

24 hour events at Spa, the ring and le mans would be worth renewing for in 2019....

I don't know what the other titles have lined up, but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on raceroom too.

DRM mod for AC.

When I get my pedals fixed we will be doing a nice review of these, so stay tuned :) (spoiler - it's awesome).

Fanatec DD.

In the very near future we will be getting hold of one of these for some serious testing. Get signed up to our YouTube page, 2018 is going to be MASSIVE! :D

I was very much looking forward to GTR3

And you still should, it's coming on nicely but I'm not allowed to talk about it yet ;)

Looking forward to more RD Screenshot Sundays in 2018

Lol no worries man, it's coming back this Sunday :) Too much whisky and / or family time / sales during the festive period! It will return!

Mods of the Month round up...Bring that back @Paul Jeffrey :thumbsup:

I intend on doing plenty more around mods in 2018 so worry not my friend :) One of those things happen to be an interview with your good self too if I remember correctly... ;)

Admittedly I'm easily excited, but man 2018 is gonna be mega :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back