Have Your Say: Things to Look Forward to in 2018

- Next title by Kunos
- Next title by Reiza
- AMS remaining content, drift series + new dirt car (wish it had more dirt tracks though, but there isn't even good mods for this)
- Wreckfest 1.0, big step forward with latest update
- WRC 8, surprisingly WRC 7 was pretty solid rally title, beating Codemasters disappointing Dirt 4
- Higher res VR maybe?

The announcement that Assetto Corsa is going to release:

Can-Am pack
1960-70's F-1 pack
Chaparral pack

and the red car we should have gotten, the Ferrari 512M

Any day now. Any day.

I look forward to whatever is new or better in VR. I have gotten invested back into iRacing again, so the future of that looks interesting. Lastly, the sims that are coming for this year, I can never have enough.

Fanatec DD.

In the very near future we will be getting hold of one of these for some serious testing. Get signed up to our YouTube page, 2018 is going to be MASSIVE!
Yes, this will be very interesting...though I would like to think that Thrustmaster may do something along the DD as well with Sparco.... with some updated high end Thrustmaster / Sparco Pedals to go with that....only dreaming...maybe;):D
...and everything else Sim related that has been mentioned so far, exciting times ahead.

Full VR support for the Gran Turismo Sport and however in P. CARS 2 on PS4.
Real competitor for the DiRT Rally(!).
Awake of Assetto Corsa for the consoles version.
Real GT3 stand alone sim.
Racing manager for the cosoles

F1 without stupid accountants!
And good health, love and peace for everyone here in the Race Department. Cheers!

WRC 8, surprisingly WRC 7 was pretty solid rally title, beating Codemasters disappointing Dirt 4
Being a big WRC fan this would be an insta-buy for me with VR support. Especially after seing those "special stages", very well made indeed.
But not implementing VR in a current racing title is a big no for me, same goes for the F1 games, AMS or Forza. People manage to implement VR in their free time, for a 14 year old game (RBR). I am currently working in a company doing VR/AR software (not coding though), even our 2nd year working students manage to create great VR environments with finished assets. There shouldn't be any excuse.
That's why titles that don't do it instantly fall through in my personal assessment

This will read more like a Wish List but if 2018 could please bring (in no particular order):

RFactor2 - VR optimisation (I know they're working on it), the new UI which I don't mind waiting for, more DLC but hopefully in a more polished state that previous releases. Should be a good year for Studio397 regardless, they're now in full flow with the recent switch to DX11 so I fully expect improvement in various areas this year.

Reiza - Any news regarding AMS2 will be good in 2018, I'm not expecting any Early Access this year but that would be a bonus.

Kunos - Further news on what they're up to next, like above I don't see any release this year but it's always nice to see what the Devs are working on whilst I continue enjoy AC in all its VR glory.

GTR3 - Just some News on this would be nice!

Oculus - After the recent Vive Pro announcement (that didn't excite me that much) I'm hoping Oculus announce something better this year, apparently they will going by the usual internet rumours.

I'm looking forward the the Isle of Man TT game. But a friend of mine in the industry has given me some bad news about it on the actual physics and riding side. For once I hope Milestone could have produced it instead of those amatuers at Kyloton.:(
But I still live in hope. These are just games in the big scheme of things. :thumbsup:
Oh and Reiza 17
GTR3 but I'll believe that one when I see some screenshots.

Last edited:
A game that introduces a matchmaking system (progression - reward system, report and honor system) similar to iracing (2008). These days even the smallest indie steam games can provide a ladder, progression system ...
A developer that tracks all the upcoming events in the respective game featuring a calender, im tired of browsing 10 different forums/website to catch a league/multiplayer event in 2018.

R3E - Like to see a few of these tracks; Watkins Glen, Road America, Road Atlanta, Mosport aka CTMP, Brands Hatch GP, Donnington, Oulton Park, classic versions of the F1 tracks...too many to name. Continue to improve AI and implement custom grids for offline racing championships.

rF2 - Complete the upgrade first and foremost. Implement a '397 Approved Mods' section or award 3rd party mod developers a stamp of approval or similar to better judge which mods are of a high quality and maintain the spirit of the sim.

For me I'm looking forward to more personal aspects in simracing. I should be getter my own apartment this year. Which means I should have room for a simple triple screen rig to hard mount my wheel on. And when I do I'm going to invest in some Fanatec gear! I've been eyeing those rims for so long now. I also love the quick release. The screw for the Thrustmaster is a pain.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 135 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 514 39.0%