Have Your Say: Tell Us Your Game Time!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Have Your Say - Tell Us Your Game Time.jpg

RaceDepartment asks our readers to share with us all how much time you have put into your favourite sims.

With the useful features of the Steam Platform allowing the user to see exactly how many hours one has spend in each game installed on our PC's, I thought it might be interesting to know how much time our great community has invested in sim racing since using the platform.

Now obviously off Steam playing isn't recorded, and some of the games have been out much longer than others so this isn't exactly a scientifically accurate test but more a bit of fun.. however wouldn't it be interesting to see which game has the highest ranked play time amongst our readers?

So the question to you all for this weekend is:

Tell us in list order (highest first) how much in game time you have spent for each of the sim games in your Steam library.

To help with ease of reading I have also added a quick poll to this article asking you which title you have amassed the most time playing. I've included the "big hitting" sim games, however some of the lesser known titles may not be included. Please feel free to combine your times for Game Stockcar Extreme and AMS, as both are essentially the same game.. .

Ok folks, have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing the results below and in the poll!

Editors note: The image at the top of the article isn't my own Steam page but one taken from the internet. I'm too lazy to screen print my own... google is your friend people... :)

I7Xrb6X.jpg

In my defense: Pcar was the game that started it all ;)
+ raceroom 121 hours
+ iracing 100 hours
+ dirt rally 50 hours
+ (f1 games only 40 hours over 2 years)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 217114

Dirt Rally 1,238 uur
Euro Truck Sim 2 126 uur
Raceroom 109 uur
Assetto Corsa 81 uur
Automoblista 62 uur
WRC 6 55 uur
F1 2016 28 uur
rFactor 2 16 uur
Formula Truck 2013 9 uur
KartKraft 3 uur
Wreckfest 1.4 uur

Then we have countless hours on Dirt 1 & 3, RBR, WRC 4, Colin McRae franchise, etc, but all not counted on steam due PS3 or game removed from library, cause I love a clean library.

I expect Dirt 4 to reach the 2000+ hours, anyway due Your Stage. And I am still hoping for a Dirt Rally 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assetto Corsa - 343hrs
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (as in racing to get the delivery done on time ;) ) - 408hrs + ~200hrs before it went on Steam
Few other titles too, but with several hours each.

rFactor 1 and Call of Duty/Call of Duty United Offensive would've been on top if it had been an all time chart.

04cg1ur.jpg

NT9R2u0.jpg

I am slightly amazed by the time in rFactor 2, as I've only done one actual race on it after I got it on steam, the rest of the time is trying to get the game to work without crashing, and broadcasting :p
Also a bit surprised about "Mini Metro".
The number to the left for the price is the "price per hour of gaming"

Last edited:
Of the Sims listed it would be Race 07 and all of it's addon's. Most of that time would have been racing here in the early days in the Club races and a few Leagues. rFactor 1 would probably be next to that.

Having said that, I think my most used sim would be iRacing. Though a member from day 1, it wasn't until the last 2 years that I've used it most. I've done 758 races (about to be 759) and 9904 laps :).

raceroom: 666
automobilista: 267
rf2: 130
assetto corsa: In the process of uninstalling it
I see a tie between the three(R3E-AMS-RF2) in a short period of time
(Waiting anxiously for REIZA 17-18-ams2 or whatever it's called)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%