Have Your Say: Tell Us Your Best RaceDepartment Moments

Probably the 2015 Stock Car Brasil league on here. Never thought I'd hold my own against guys like Neto, Guus, and Risto, but took home fourth overall in the standings out of almost 50 drivers. Not bad for an oval guy.
I still reckon that's one of the best championships we've ever held. The talent level was so high and the racing was fantastic :inlove:

as an RD veteran who joined the club to take part in the very first SimBin Race based online Touring Car championship back in 2006 (I guess) my fond memories go back quite some time. It was a pleasure to design the posters for one of the early series we ran, Minis in Race07. Also I did my only lead virtual kilometres ever in that series, almost a lap at Nürburgring before going off track just before one reaches that massive straight. Finished third, one of my very very rare podiums (lowest grid, mind you :) )

There are many moments that i could name.

The most valuable has nothing to do with racing at all. I struggled with the english language in the past, i just would not get it. I was totally lost. Then i started to spent some time each day on racedepartment - And it drastically improved, beeing exposed with the language every day and using it aswell. Sure, not everything here is written perfectly correct but in the end i learned something very important which i can use for the rest of my life through this site. Very thankful for that!

You know, before i had no clue about anything and always had to think of tenses, rules, whatever. Over time this came naturally which is a huge step forwards.

-

Other than that the community overall is the best thing here. You are amazing!

Certainly one of the best, Alfa Romeo GTA race at Silverstone national in the Aussie AC Club quite a while back. 6 way battle for the lead (7way in the first couple of laps), with less than 5s between 1st and 6th, at some points even less than 2s.

I think my best moments on here were in the early days of the RRE race club. We had a new race sim with new members and racing was fun and it was (and probably still is) a very friendly little club with brilliant banter and nobody took it too seriously and it wasn't win at all costs. It was just that new club feeling and it felt good to be trying to get the new race sim working on here with Kjell and co. I also remember fondly some great Race 07 club races run by Dennis. Very laid back but the racing was also very fair and good natured.:thumbsup:

Also winning was a great feeling even if it only happened once in a very blue moon.:D

hJqpZQp.jpg

Sc719xI.jpg

I feel like there so many good moments that it is hard to choose one! Maybe the very first one, that lead to all the others?
Like many I guess, I was driving offline only, with no confidence in my driving (I still don't but realized that you don't need to be up front to have lots of fun in a club race!) but was starting to watch some broadcasts, and reading a league preparation in SCE (it was probably RDTCC 9?) when one of the participant asked if there would be a spotter guide… Bram answered no one was available to make one, so I just offered my help… The reactions and the welcome were so amazing! That why I'm still helping with spotter guides 18 months later! :D

I'm interacting with so many people now, from all around the world, in so many different ways! Whether it is the preparation of a league or an article, the endless discussions about setups, driving lines and strategy with my team, the banter on TS, the nice group we did for RDLMS… So many people I now consider friends even if they leave in Australia, New Zealand, Guernsey, UK, Nederland's, Germany… I would never have got in touch with them without RD! :)

• Deleted member 113561

Truth be told:
I had none

Oh wait:
Great skin mods for F1 2010 - 2013

I'd have to say race 1 of last night's rdtcc race. Battling @Sean Rogers for half the race was some of the best on track action I've had, as well as the moment of going 4 wide through the last corner of oulton park leading up to the battle. Epic :thumbsup:
I gotta agree with you man! The racing in this season's RDTCC has been absolutely mental.
I don't think we'll be able to top what happened in Race 1 and 2 of Adelaide for a very long time. It was so close and so intense and it was all race long!

Oh, and we've still got 8 races to go!!! I can't wait :D

Other great memories for me that come to mind would have to be the battle for the lead in the season finale of the VSCC at Bathurst with @Scrambles. That was so tense, but really interesting to see how the different strategies unfolded. I still regret changing my tyres :p :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back