Have Your Say: Should All Sims Have Flashback/Rewind Options?

• Deleted member 130869

Sure if it's not an online feature.

obviously yes? since multiplayer will remain the same for me is 100x plus . In single player the flashback is a the best tool you can have to practice 10 or 20 times a certain corner instead of crashing and just leave the game because you dont feel to restart all over again . F1 drivers do it on Their simulators, they repeat a corner for hours for crying out loud, For all of those "nooooooo" here on the forum, is like, they feel almost offending...well grow up (just an expression because i believe you are gown ass man..or woman) this is just a simulator game or arcade racing game (ya i mentioned "arcade" because people can get offending with this as well these days...) plz be quite..if you dont want to use it , well ..just dont...you have the option in the menu to turn it off like the option to use breaking assists or any other aids...in the end this is just a game nothing more..who cares if someone uses it or not in his career mode..thank God that codemasters dont care about those purists that drive in the room with a helmet on the head...and dring water trough a straw THANKS CODEMASTERS..lol still my fav racing game is iRacing and P.C. just saying...
Watching this flashback feature was actually pretty refreshing...the funny thing is..i do always 100% of races length and i dont use it( because i fell on Q and on the races that im cheating if i do and it looses the interest for me)..i just do on the R&D to get my precious(Gollum voice) points. check my YouTube channel - guitargamery...i miss F1 2012 somehow

Last edited:
Well...no. HELL NO!!! :D

At the cost to repeat a lap or a race 10 times, I say no to flashbacks in a sim.

But what I would love to see, is the possibility to SAVE my progress at any time during a race, like it happened in Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Series, so I can resume my race whenever I want.

Irrattic
Well...no. HELL NO!!! :D

At the cost to repeat a lap or a race 10 times, I say no to flashbacks in a sim.

But what I would love to see, is the possibility to SAVE my progress at any time during a race, like it happened in Geoff Crammond Grand Prix Series, so I can resume my race whenever I want.

Explain why "hell no" please.

I have been calling for this feature for years. Realistic damage model and punishment for damaging your car.

Maybe 2 cars per weekend. Don't bend both of them or you're out of the weekend.

The funny thing is, when I tell people that I do "sim racing" and explain a bit of what it's about, if they have a follow up question easily 4 out of 5 times it's "do your cars maintain damage in between races?" Based on my anecdotal experience, it's the first question that seems to come to a lay-person's brain.

As a practice tool, why not? I don't use it during the races (I prefer restarting the race... kinda the same thing, but at least you feel like you've done a whole race).
I will use the flashback during practice. I just used it today to learn Baku, and it was awesome, as it doesn't affect the outcome of the weekend, but gets me racing faster. I'll also use it if something totally out of my control happens during the race, such as the pedals coming loose. When you have cerebral palsy, every time that happens it's nearly impossible to keep going. I just trained my muscles for that x position.
I am all for it!

It's a hard one......
I would say yes, thinking at the bigger picture here. New people that come into simracing find it hard and tough to be up to speed especially when you see veteran club members that have 4-5sec/lap advantage, I have been there and only because I had **** loads of time and love simracing I managed in a few months to not be last.
So if this helps new people be faster. more comfortable. learning a track/corner/car faster and then they enjoy multiplayer/club events more, sure.
I am positive than any self respecting simracing website will not include this option in their multiplayer club events, and don't know if it would be possible.
Offline, sure, help others

I wish you couldn't even restart races in some sims hahaha, in some games like project cars i end up doing the same race like 30 times because i get over eager at the start or something, i can never accept a DNF which annoys me because in real life you'd just have to deal with it.

This has really riled me. So are all the naysayers saying they wouldn't want a flashback when AMS or rf2 just glitches and rejoins the action with you smashing in to a wall?

That has happened to me enough times to make me want a flashback or two.

I wish you couldn't even restart races in some sims hahaha, in some games like project cars i end up doing the same race like 30 times because i get over eager at the start or something, i can never accept a DNF which annoys me because in real life you'd just have to deal with it.
I hear you. F1 99-02 used to have a feature at 50% race distance you couldn't restart. I loved that.

The funny thing is, when I tell people that I do "sim racing" and explain a bit of what it's about, if they have a follow up question easily 4 out of 5 times it's "do your cars maintain damage in between races?" Based on my anecdotal experience, it's the first question that seems to come to a lay-person's brain.
It#s especially weird in Dirt4, where you have to pay in-game money to do repairs while the rally goes on. Once the rally is done, no matter how damaged your car is, your team works for free or a millionaire passer-by gives you a shiny new one for the next race. c'mon? it totally spoils the "realism" of having to pay item for item during the rally which certainly makes you go about the stages a bit more carefully. once you know it's the final stage, all bets are off - or so it seems.

As soon as it's available, there's the temptation to use it for other situations too. It changes the whole experience, because it's there. You start risking it when you wouldn't otherwise.
I get you. But if it's offline and you chuck it up the inside and it doesn't come off and you use a flashback you've learned that its not possible and won't use it online and ruin a real persons race. No?

Or just be disciplined and don't use it for any reason other than to keep your experience realistic.

I can see use for serious simracing.

Using it for generally learning a track with restricted use during practice sessions only seems reasonable.

Being able to jump to the garage during the rewind to change the setup of the car for a specific track section would be a timesaver as well (instead of having to go through the process of warming up the tires again, etc. after a setup change).

I get you. But if it's offline and you chuck it up the inside and it doesn't come off and you use a flashback you've learned that its not possible and won't use it online and ruin a real persons race. No?

Or just be disciplined and don't use it for any reason other than to keep your experience realistic.
Why wouldn't chucking it up the inside work the next time?

Or just be disciplined and don't risk ruining some AI or someone's race.

Why wouldn't chucking it up the inside work the next time?

Or just be disciplined and don't risk ruining some AI or someone's race.
Ok I was suggesting it was an impossible move that could never be pulled off but you tried anyway.

As for discipline I have deducted myself points in an offline championship before because I felt my pass was unfair. I just want to keep my experience realistic and a glitch that ends my race with 10% of a 2 hour race isn't realistic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back