Have Your Say: Acceptable Risk or Dangerous Liability? The Isle of Man TT

I know this is an old thread, and I kinda hate to revive it, but here goes......

The IOM is the last true motorsport, the last true test of man other than combat or MX. I've ridden MX, broken ribs and ankles doing what I love. Are you going to tell me I should stop? If you did, I'd kindly tell you to go shove your opinions where the sun don't shine. Someday, I'd love to go to the IOM and ride it, even though I know I likely will never be able to.

The IOM TT is dangerous. That being said, I'm just as likely to die riding my R6 to work every day than I am to die on the IOM, by the statistics. And again, if someone told me to stop doing it, I'd ask them to go @#$% off.
Ask the riders what they think. If they want it banned, do it. If not, kindly leave the riders and us fans the hell alone.

The danger just puts me off as a spectator so I choose not to watch it, fair play to the riders there as brave as they come but it just doesn't sit right with me. I don't agree about your chances of survival being the same, we have millions upon millions of motorists travelling to work every day making it to there destinations, so if your chances are the same as IOM then your driving like a lunatic and if that's the case... I would say **** off our roads.

The danger just puts me off as a spectator so I choose not to watch it, fair play to the riders there as brave as they come but it just doesn't sit right with me. I don't agree about your chances of survival being the same, we have millions upon millions of motorists travelling to work every day making it to there destinations, so if your chances are the same as IOM then your driving like a lunatic and if that's the case... I would say **** off our roads.

Firstly, I don't drive like a lunatic. There is plenty of excitement just with people cutting me off or trying to turn into my lane.......

As for the danger putting you off, I would say you certainly have the right to feel that way. Just as I would tell someone what they could do with their opinions, so you have the right to say to me. I'm just saying, as much as that feeling of danger puts you off, that same feeling is a large part of why riders love it. It's an incredible sport, just not for everyone.

Nobody is forced to ride the IOM and nobody needs to watch if they are squeamish.
I go to Douglas as often as possible, ride the circuit on the public ride day(s) and have enormous respect for those who choose to race.
Freedom of choice is a right that is becoming eroded by the 'Political Correctness' lot and a right we need to keep with a grim determination.
:ninja:

Same old arguments every time there is a discussion about the TT.
Having followed bike racing avidly since the early 90's I can safely I loathe the damn event.

Seen so riders I admire killed there, and at other road circuits.

Yes, I know it is their choice, but recently some of the deaths have been predictable. If you didn't think Karl Harris and Simon Andrews were likely candidates you were bonkers, they both crashed routinely on short tracks, let alone road circuits and leave families etc behind. And sure enough within a few years of startoing roads, they are both gone.

Just seems such a waste. Yes the TT is great, a true test, a challenge. But I for one believe it should be reigned in a bit. Guys like McGuinness and Hutchy, half bloody metal, yet still determined to go back. I just don't think it worth it.

They do, obviously, and something drives them. But you almost think they both want to be killed up there

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back