Have Your Say – Missing Features in Sim Racing

Another thing - Codemasters want F1 to be like FIFA, they can release a new version every year with new drivers and new liveries.

The thing is, football is all about the players. Nothing else changes year to year. The rules, the stadia, the leagues, the ball don't change, just the players.

F1 is all about the cars and the circuits, and then the drivers. I don't want to see an animated Vettel celebrating, I want a faithful recreation of the cars and the circuits. That's all.

That doesn't change every year though. Here's an idea....release a patch for $15. Like Sensible Soccer used to do. Don't release the same game with a few changes for $65.

Also, Geoff Crammond if you're listening. Get a working version of Grand Prix 4 on Steam, compatible with all formats, and you will make a fortune.

Open it to mods, and you will double that fortune.

Another thing - Codemasters want F1 to be like FIFA, they can release a new version every year with new drivers and new liveries.

The thing is, football is all about the players. Nothing else changes year to year. The rules, the stadia, the leagues, the ball don't change, just the players.

F1 is all about the cars and the circuits, and then the drivers. I don't want to see an animated Vettel celebrating, I want a faithful recreation of the cars and the circuits. That's all.

That doesn't change every year though. Here's an idea....release a patch for $15. Like Sensible Soccer used to do. Don't release the same game with a few changes for $65.
Does the F1 series have simulated feeder cars to get players ready to drive a full F1 car? I remember F1 2010 didn't, which was absolutely baffling because even Grand Prix Legends had Formula 3 and Formula 2 cars as trainers. F1 is not touring cars, Spec Miata, or GT4, amateurs cannot just hop in one and turn laps without crashing. They have the whole hierarchy of progressively faster formula cars for a reason.

Lost in translation.... point was professional sims are used because its a lot easier than taking real cars to tracks for example.
Think you'll probably find that Pro teams use Simulators for cost cutting primarily, then of course you have to find a track that is free from midweek noise restrictions. On top of that several series have limited, on track testing allowed. Then take into account Pro Sims are so good nowadays that they are used for the pre setup of cars, before they even arrive at any given track, so the driver starts with a good base setup, allowing him/her to concentrate on that final 2% of performance required to make them competitive.

I had an epiphany regarding this thread when loading new ORBX scenery into my Lockheed Martin P3D4 Pro several hours ago. (As an aside this type of addition costs more per package than the original Flight Sim!}
P3D4 is a 64bit sim, as is Dovetail's Flight Sim World and a couple of others (Aerofly FS 2 IIRC) in development.
Why do we lack such progress in Race Sims?
Given the complex dynamic demands of Flight Sims in general (IMHO) it is ridiculous for Race Sims to be hamstrung by the limits of ancient 32bit restrictions.
Just a thought.
;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back