Have you tried KartKraft?

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
Motorsport Games have bought KartKraft!

That's good news, with more rescorces they can develope the game a lot quicker. Maybe one day my DD1 and my Heusinkfeld Pedals will be properly supported. In the meantime I've bought the rF2 Kart DLC, it was on sale for just over €10. What's not to like? It's better than I expected, I had two hours of fun last night trying the different tracks out.
I hope that Kartkraft is usable for me at some time in the future. I wish them well with the new developers.

mopro

250RPM
May 9, 2009
Love it, it keeps getting better with each new update. Just not having enough time to play lately

roadyroad

250RPM
Dec 7, 2013
Love it, it keeps getting better with each new update. Just not having enough time to play lately
Indeed, from what I've read, it is the only sim that receives positive feedback each update, nothing is broken or a step back. It's slow but it's improving.

EDIT : I'm wrong, Automobilista 1 was in the same league.

Last edited:

Zolazem

50RPM
Jan 16, 2020
I bought it ages ago, and observed how it continually improved over the months. I was using it with a TC-PC wheel and v3 pedals, and it worked. Then I upgraded to a Podium DD1 and Heusinkfeld Pedals, now no workie.
The game recognises the inputs in the settings, but when I want to actually drive, no reaction.
For the moment I've given up on it, with their development pace who knows when they'll offer support for my hardware.
Shame..
did you try to invert the inputs?

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
[/ied evQUOTE]
I tt
I tried everything I've learnt over the many, many years of simming. But when everything works in the settings, but not when you want to actually drive it, what can you do?
The days when I screwed around for hours and hours trying to get some piece of software to run are long gone: if the developer can't do his job properly, I'm out.
All I know is: with my TS-PC and v3 pedals it worked : assign the wheel and pedals in the settings, select drive, and have fun.
With my DD1 wheel and Heusinkfeld pedals it looks like : assign the wheel and pedals in the settings, select drive...nothing.
My hardware works perfectly with rF2, AMS2, R3E etc, etc. Kartkraft does not.
That's all I know. I don't really care why it doesn't work, life's too short to waste my time doing the developers job for him.
This time I've given up: I bought the rF2 DLC for 10 bucks, and de-installed KK until it supports my current hardware. That's it. Goodbye for now.

Last edited:

Zolazem

50RPM
Jan 16, 2020
I tried everything I've learnt over the many, many years of simming. But when everything works in the settings, but not when you want to actually drive it, what can you do?
The days when I screwed around for hours and hours trying to get some piece of software to run are long gone: if the developer can't do his job properly, I'm out.
All I know is: with my TS-PC and v3 pedals it worked : assign the wheel and pedals in the settings, select drive, and have fun.
With my DD1 wheel and Heusinkfeld pedals it looks like : assign the wheel and pedals in the settings, select drive...nothing.
My hardware works perfectly with rF2, AMS2, R3E etc, etc. Kartkraft does not.
That's all I know. I don't really care why it doesn't work, life's too short to waste my time doing the developers job for him.
This time I've given up: I bought the rF2 DLC for 10 bucks, and de-installed KK until it supports my current hardware. That's it. Goodbye for now.
I have also a Fanatec DD and Heuskinveld pedals and i have no problems setting it up.

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
I have also a Fanatec DD and Heuskinveld pedals and i have no problems setting it up.
Maybe I'll reinstall it and try again now I've read your post here. Are you using the Kartkraft profile in the Fanalb Software?
Edit: I've had it installed since I bought it shortly after release, and up until now just rolled the update over the existing installation. Maybe it was corrupted?
I hope it's going to work with a vanilla install. I'm downloading it now, it'll only take half an hour or so with my 100mbit connection. Tomorrow I'll know more.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019
I have about over a year ago and, while it was fun, I didn't like it not having true triple monitor support (3 viewports, no stretching) so I put it down. The stretching on the side monitors makes it feel weird and can even induce nausea over time, compared to being able to race for hours on iRacing/ACC/RF2/AMS etc which have proper support.

Have they added this yet? If ACC got it done in UE4 then it's definitely possible.
True triple screen support was added in October.

Reactions: BP

Zolazem

50RPM
Jan 16, 2020
Maybe I'll reinstall it and try again now I've read your post here. Are you using the Kartkraft profile in the Fanalb Software?
Edit: I've had it installed since I bought it shortly after release, and up until now just rolled the update over the existing installation. Maybe it was corrupted?
I hope it's going to work with a vanilla install. I'm downloading it now, it'll only take half an hour or so with my 100mbit connection. Tomorrow I'll know more.
Yes i'm using Fanalab. About the invert setting what i mentioned before it isn't in kartkraft maybe i mixed my mind with another SIM, but DD + Heuskinveld are working anyway in KartKraft.
Good luck

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
Yes i'm using Fanalab. About the invert setting what i mentioned before it isn't in kartkraft maybe i mixed my mind with another SIM, but DD + Heuskinveld are working anyway in KartKraft.
Good luck
Well I'll be dipped :D With a fresh install it all works again :thumbsup:
I'm still playing around with the settings in the Fanalab profile. Would you mind sending me your settings in Fanalab so I could compare? Could save me some time as I'm still learning how to use the Fanalab software. I've only had my DD1 since mid December.

Last edited:

Zolazem

50RPM
Jan 16, 2020
Well I'll be dipped :D With a fresh install it all works again :thumbsup:
I'm still playing around with the settings in the Fanalab profile. Would you mind sending me your settings in Fanalab so I could compare? Could save me some time as I'm still learning how to use the Fanalab software. I've only had my DD1 since mid December.
This are my settings, i'm not a proffesional so please don't shoot me but for me these are working:

SEN AUTO
FF 45
LIN OFF
NDP 15
NFR OFF
NIN OFF
INT 3
FEI 80
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR OFF

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
This are my settings, i'm not a proffesional so please don't shoot me but for me these are working:

SEN AUTO
FF 45
LIN OFF
NDP 15
NFR OFF
NIN OFF
INT 3
FEI 80
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR OFF
Thanks for getting back to me with your settings so quickly. I see you have a few settings turned off that I still have turned on, as per the default settings in Fanalab.
I'll check your settings out, and let you know how it went. It must work, as we both have the same wheel and pedals. I'm using my DD1 with a naked Porsche GT3 wheel without the button module or gear paddles, just the rim mounted on the Podium hub.

Last edited:

The Iron Wolf

100RPM
Apr 12, 2016
I really liked driving, handling and visuals in KK (even in VR, which hints UE4 can work fine in VR). Hoping to see damage, weather, rules and ability to return to pits after the race finish.

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
So I got around to trying it again, it is quite a lot of fun and runs well, but I’ve noticed that karting sims make me experience nausea fairly quickly :(. It happened when I tried karts in AMS 1 and it happened again with KartKraft.

It’s weird because I have no problem driving a modern F1 car for over an hour (to confirm, I went back to iRacing to drive the iR-01, essentially an F1 V10 without TC, for 30 mins with no issues)...but after about 10 - 15 mins in a kart sim I start feeling ill. My guess is being so low to the ground plus the quick movements (the track I tried didn’t help with those hills, but it’s quite a rollercoaster)

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011

SEN AUTO
FF 45
LIN OFF
NDP 15
NFR OFF
NIN OFF
INT 3
FEI 80
FOR 100
SPR OFF
DPR OFF
Tried your settings and all kinds of other stuff too, but I can't get it to work as I'd like. Whatever I set, I have a quite violent left/right movement on the wheel when I let go of the wheel. It's driveable, but not fun, and no way like a real Kart. With a real kart the steering is very heavy, but when you let go of the wheel it just runs straight on, without any vibration at all. The FF in rF2 and AMS2 is just much better, and they have karts too....

Last edited:

Dave Thayer

250RPM
Premium
Mar 31, 2018
Yes I got KartKraft when it first came out early at a reduced price. I used to race real karts a long time ago and enjoy what the game has and with VR.

Only thing that doesnt keep me interested in this game is the lack of Track content. I do very little online racing. There are other top SIM racing games with Karts and can race on hundreds of various types of tracks. So until they get more tracks, I have this game on the back burner for now.

Zolazem

50RPM
Jan 16, 2020
Tried your settings and all kinds of other stuff too, but I can't get it to work as I'd like. Whatever I set, I have a quite violent left/right movement on the wheel when I let go of the wheel. It's driveable, but not fun, and no way like a real Kart. With a real kart the steering is very heavy, but when you let go of the wheel it just runs straight on, without any vibration at all. The FF in rF2 and AMS2 is just much better, and they have karts too....
What FFB gain you have in game? It was on 150 i put it down to 50

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
What FFB gain you have in game? It was on 150 i put it down to 50
Never checked that one :-( Silly me. I'll check that out tonight. What are your other ingame settings? Strangely enough, in the Fanalab software there are no recommended ingame settings like the other games..strange.