Have you tried KartKraft?

Bert Austen

Pedal tho the metal Men
Premium
Nov 3, 2011
I had the sim in the beginning, then it was big crap:( handed them in right away and got money back.
Seems to have improved a lot now :coffee: , maybe again in the future, but actually have enough sims:O_o:

uelas_77

1RPM
Aug 21, 2019
having it from a bit of time, really like it! I focused on other sims though. miss so much the online aspect. something has been done in beta testing, but still no official deployment.

Romandevison

100RPM
Jun 22, 2019
I just bought it. :)

Thanks for the post. I saw this sim, but wasn't sure if it was worth buying. I really hope it will be interesting.

Looked at the Steam posts - a lot of toxic people - it reminded me of ACC in early access. It's a shame. We already have few sim-games and people always evaluate negatively - constantly write that this game still has no multiplayer. It's better not to have it than to have it as a crutch.

@VernWozza
Maybe we should do a post about TrackdayR? It's a little-known project, and I think it could be quite promising.

Last edited:

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Jun 30, 2017
It's a great little sim - it would be fantastic if it could be added to simracing.gp (along with rfactor 2 please!).

Leck3000

10RPM
Premium
Apr 2, 2020
I bought it a good while back and also never actually loaded up to date. Whenever I see a post on RD about a new build update or whatever I think, yes, soon. I do hope one day I will dive in, im certain I wont be disappointed, it is just too easy to load up the old favorites.

N96HBK

10RPM
Mar 31, 2020
I never had the opportunity to experience 125cc karts (I was invited by a team, saying they'd provide me one until I can afford my own, but I couldn't take the offer because of Covid, transport and finance related difficulties...), let alone race anything, but I do have a rough idea of how karts behave... Kartkraft provided a lot of fun I missed so much for a while. I used to take too much kerb and violently tip the kart over now and then, and the AI used to murder each other occasionally. I wish my PC wasn't so slow so I could try the sim in VR, I've heard it's a lot of fun!

They scrapped my only local track here in Seoul last December. It was a tiny track (pro drivers would laugh at it), it used to extend into a longer configuration but people started renting the "other half" of the track that left us with a sub 19s configuration!! Still had a lot of fun there, wish I had more cash in my pocket to drive those KT100s for more than 30 minutes...

Reactions: Romandevison

BeliacosGR

50RPM
Premium
Jun 3, 2015
Yes i have! The sim is awesome and as i have experience in kart racing myself a lot it gives you the right feeling. The main problem to me is that in Karts and Karting general the most important thing is WEIGHT and by its nature sim racing can't give you that ( Only if you have a proper Motion-RIg).

Reactions: Wieloimienny

Level88

10RPM
Nov 28, 2016
Bought it when it was first released on Steam as I like to support projects like this from indie developers. Didn't play it much in the beginning, but it does now seem to be gradually evolving into a decent sim. Hope the devs stick with it and bring it to it's full potential.

Stepy

100RPM
Feb 11, 2017
1st time I bought it I got " gamespark manager error " *Refunded*
2nd time a few months later I bought it again and got " Failed to authenticate " *Refunded*
3rd time I couldn`t be arsed buying it again and give up on it. lol

alexSchmurtz

SpeedyMite Racing
Staff
Premium
Sep 26, 2009
I bought it 2 years ago when they released it on Steam, great game! I fire it up now and then, enjoy it a lot each time! We're spoiled, too many sims to choose from! Try the leaderboards, they are really addictive.

But it is frustrating at the same time: very few content, no multiplayer... There have been pretty big changes several times in these past 2 years, months without news also, but convincing progresses overall.

Unfortunately I feel like it is more or less at the same state it was when I bought it: promising yes. But they are working on the title for 10 or 15 years, I would expect a lot more by now... It's not a finished product by far, it is closer to a demo still. I hope they will be able to get to the end, and that I won't be too old by then!

Leynad777

500RPM
Premium
Jan 30, 2015
Anyone out there want to compare it to the karts in AMS2? Particularly in VR? I've been having a LOT of fun with those.
From my personal karting-experience (E-karts that felt closest to the 125 ccm karts) I once called Kartkraft the better kart-sim because the FFB delivers more jolts like I experienced as well, but since this physics-update I don't like Kartkraft because the steering is ridiculous sensible. Just tried with 360° DOR and no difference. So atm AMS2 is better for that reason and when Kartkraft was working for me, the physics seemed rather similar. Both are IMO the only titles I know (without knowing Kart Racing Pro) that are teaching the right technique: Straight line braking, early entry and throttle oversteer out.

I was only driving indoor at the Nürburgring and maybe there are less jolts on weathered outdoor-tracks with lighter karts. Since the rear-tyres always spin at the same speed, one is almost always slipping forcing the tail to hop over the tarmac. In combination with a densed 16-corner-indoor-track and decent lap-times in the 0:28's this was a very exhausting experience. If they fix the steering sensitivity I would certainly prefer Kartkraft if I had to train for kart-race again. Kartsim for rF2 was a big fail.

Reactions: TheOnlyEgg

kingy

1RPM
Mar 4, 2019
Found this a reasonable tech demo but it typifies all that's bad about early access. When I bought it over a year ago multiplayer was in the development roadmap for the following month. All that's happened since is tinkering with the handling model. Simracing without the racing gets old pretty quick

manu68

500RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2011
I have it and I love it.
Kartkraft is already a great sim, very original in what it offers.

I don't intend to really race with karting , also I don't really care of multiplayer etc...
I only wish they could add some morte track.

I take it as i take the only kart center I have in my area in the real life.
I go two to three time a year for some hours, and I have then a lot of fun.

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
I bought it ages ago, and observed how it continually improved over the months. I was using it with a TC-PC wheel and v3 pedals, and it worked. Then I upgraded to a Podium DD1 and Heusinkfeld Pedals, now no workie.
The game recognises the inputs in the settings, but when I want to actually drive, no reaction.
For the moment I've given up on it, with their development pace who knows when they'll offer support for my hardware.
Shame..

Last edited:

tazza1986

100RPM
Oct 6, 2015
I bought it about 2 years ago after endless hype before release. Unfortunately at the time of trying it I was really disappointed with the steering settings. So I got a refund and abandoned it, even knowing that it was in early access, you could see that it was really immature as a project. I am sorry to read from some of you that the situation is still the same. Maybe in the future I'll try again

roadyroad

250RPM
Dec 7, 2013
I bought it at launch, it felt terrible. I think many had been disappointed at that time. I'm sure the game still suffers from this first impression. I've launched it few months ago and it was really different and the handling seriously improved, although the FFB was feeling a bit weak, the wheel resistance wasn't there. I haven't been able to launch it since the mast update but it seems the light weight feeling of the wheel has been adjusted, it should feel stronger.

There was plans to integrate modded tracks, is it still in project? That's what makes kart racing pro still ahead yhe incredible quantity of tracks.

Kartkraft development is slow but it gets more and more solid. Be patient...

Knoxstar

250RPM
Jan 5, 2016
Had it but got a refund as I couldn't for the life of me get it to work with my old G25 wheel. Not even to drive out on a cicuit. Not blaming anyone but the best I could do was full lock left as the normal position. Maybe later.

Romandevison

100RPM
Jun 22, 2019
I just bought it. :)

Thanks for the post. I saw this sim, but wasn't sure if it was worth buying. I really hope it will be interesting.

Looked at the Steam posts - a lot of toxic people - it reminded me of ACC in early access. It's a shame. We already have few sim-games and people always evaluate negatively - constantly write that this game still has no multiplayer. It's better not to have it than to have it as a crutch.

@VernWozza
Maybe we should do a post about TrackdayR? It's a little-known project, and I think it could be quite promising.
Yesterday I had an hour to test this game. Yes, it's early access. Initially I couldn't figure out why the steering wheel wasn't working, but I assigned everything manually. I also had a problem with the fonts(RU) and I couldn't see part of the menu. Overall, it took me a little while to figure it out, but I enjoyed the game. I've drive IRL rent-kart a few times and it's sim similar to IRL.

I can recommend it to those who want to support an interesting project and are willing to face some challenges since it is early access. If dev does updates faster, the game will be a success - it has potential.

I hope dev realizes that many people like the game, but slow development could just destroy it.

In Discord dev responds very actively to users - this is very encouraging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knoxstar