Have you played GTR2 since GTR Evolution came out?

C

Chad711

• Chad711

At first when this game came out I was pretty sure I would go back to GTR2 and not really pay to much attention to this game. However I was totally wrong! I am enjoy this a lot and hope to see this game get a lot of attention from mod teams.

The other day I did put in GTR2 just because I wanted to see how the C6r handled compared to the new one. I was amazed at how much better I was on full sim with no assistance on GTR2. I think Evo has made me a better sim driver.

I just miss my murcielago!

Well Evo is still new so I am still exploring it.
I know that I wll launch GTR2 again.
I have way too many good mods installed for me to drop the game. :)

I can see my self jumping back and forth between Evo and GTR.
If we can get all the good mods we have in GTR2 to work with EVO then that would do the trick :D

I raced GTR2 last friday just to feel where the difference lays between Evo and GTR2.
I have to say Evo is the one that will start up the most the coming months.
I might play GTR2 once in a while just for the Lamborghini....

Evo is quite a step ahead of GTR2 in terms of car handling so I don't think I'll go back to GTR2 for the GT/NGT cars (even though I miss the Ferraris and Porsches very much).

But I start GTR2 every other day to get my regular dose of drift in the Power and Glory mod.. the feeling for the cars seems pretty similar to Evo imho - just put back in the 60ies, yay! :)

I only got hold of a copy of GTR2 about a month ago for about €8 off ebay in Germany ...
Installed it, ran a few laps in various cars and then did the driving school which was one of my main reasons for buying it ... and I am glad I did, 'cos it helped me suss out some problems I had in the braking area. As a knock on effect, I am also now able to get back on the gas in a corner a lot sooner :thumb:

Would be great if any modders were able to export / update the driving school so it can be used in Evo... the ability for people to add dirving school content , esp. track guides, would likewise be fantastic!

Will I launch it again???
Yeah, but mainly for the school & track guides I reckon ... I missed the whole GTR/GTR2/GTL era from being away travelling, and have too little time at the mo' to learn its quirks ...
I spend my spare time and am having too much fun driving Race 07 and Evo to consider anything else right now ... :becky:

• Bill Bailey

I bought GTR Evo installed it On and Offline, tried it found out that it eats graphics cards like candy, that the pit hasn't changed at all, and that I can only choose hard tires. It's still installed but right now I only play GTR2.

Bill

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 187 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years