Have you had a failure on your TX [poll]

My vote was - going strong.
My wheel is one of the first series. I bought it when it just came out. Haven't had a single hiccup. I get on iRacing and R3E daily and usually race for an hour or so. I have the TX, the Ferrari GTE add on wheel but use Fanatec pedals. I also have the TH8RS shifter which I swap back and forth between sequential and H pattern. I have had the shifter even longer than the wheel.

Opinion - the best wheel in the segment. Wheel rim is swappable unlike G25, G27, Fanatec models. Lower price point than the Fanatec ClubSport Base which costs much more considering it comes without a wheel rim or pedals. FFB on the TX is powerful and smooth.

Negatives - stock pedals suck (no clutch, non-load cell brake with a very linear/non progressive feel), stock wheel rim feels hollow and cheap (GTE rim is much better)

Upvote 0
again I have this in the dabs basket waiting for that snippet of goodness that will make me press confirm lol

re: the pedals, if your used to the DFGTs, then im sure those ones will not be a problem anytime soon. im positive that people are used to the high end pedals which for them these pedals will seem crap. for me the pedals arebt the problem, its the cheap wheel and sequential stick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@jay Jay - it takes about one minute to go from Sequential to H pattern. Unscrew the shift knob and remove it, unscrew four allen screws, swap between either of the two plates, then put the four screws back in and reattach the shift knob. Done. Many different mounting options. The brakes are progressive, correct. That is only an issue of the user is coming from a load cell style brake. I don't believe Msportdan is so he should not really be impacted by that.

@Msportdan - you have lots of options and that can sometimes make the decisions tougher. I honestly think that if you are happy with the wheel and shifter you have then you should keep them and think about upgrading to a load cell brake pedal. the Fanatec ones are stand alone for PC racing so you would be able to use them with any wheel. Pedals make a huge difference. Once they are dialed in, particularly the brake pedal, it is not uncommon to see lap times go down.

Getting a new wheel usually means having to upgrade other components. Here is what I ended up doing:
Thrustmaster TX Wheel (wheel rim is swappable, adapters are out there that allow you to attach a real racing wheel, this is a huge feature)(never any reliability issue)
Thrustmaster GTE wheel rim add-on (stock rim is cheap feeling)
Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V2 (the CSR Elite pedals are just as good and a better $ value)
http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/pedals/csr-elite-pedals-us.html
Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter

I am not suggesting you go out and spend all this money. I am simply saying that this is what it lead to for me. I do think, and many sim racers agree, that once you use a load cell brake there is no going back.

Anyway, good luck on whatever you decide to do. If you have any questions just feel free to ask.

Upvote 0
I had tested a g27 for a while, does that have load cell.? what exactly is the benefit of LC please?

if anyone knows , how is the DFGT ffb rated in the big scheme of things??. I personally thinks its pretty good, I feel a lot with RRe, and it gives good force too. I actually thought it felt better than the g27 ,more raw.

cheers thanks for your time this evening :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have had my TX since July/14, gets used alot! No issues yet(famous last words:confused:) Bought the TX to use while my Fanatec GT3 was being repaired, never went back to the GT3 once I tried the TX, FFB amazing & the precision is superb, pedals seem ok(still boxed), I use Fanatec pedals, they are great :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I had a T300 here for 2 weeks ish (basically the same as a TX with the GTE rim), and decided to return it and buy a CSW v2 instead. I've now had my CSW v2 for a couple of weeks and even if it should fail on me in the next few days I will still be happy that I returned the T300 to get it, it just blows the Thrustmaster toys out of the solar system in terms of "new car smell", that feeling of a product having been put together with some pristine material choices rather than plastic.
I LOVE my CSW, and there's no going back now! :)
So what I'm trying to say is, save your money and stick with the DFGT until you can afford a CSW, it's worth it imo.

Upvote 0
Yeah, essentially the same wheel. TX is for XBoxOne - T300 is PS4 compatible. If it comes with the GTE then I would go with that wheel. Unless you are an XBoxOne user and want to play Forza.

Upvote 0
nah just pc for me.. however that base looks different?
Yes, some minor differences in the plastic housing, they are nearly identical in size, but the TX has some IR sender/receiver for the XBone kinect sensor which the T300 doesn't have nor need.
The stock rim on the T300 is basically the same as the Ferrari GTE addon rim, just a bit different buttons, and tbh I prefer the T300 version that doesn't have that fake plastic maranello switch that doesn't work as you would want it to. The TX does however have a couple of buttons behind the wheel, which I reckon would be great for look left/right, don't think the T300 had those?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years