Have you had a failure on your TX [poll]

I had the Fanatec GT2. Similar wheel. I like the TX better but, my GT2 was getting old.

I seriously think you have a USB port issue.
Dan don't panic, I leave mine plugged in all the time and it turns each way twice when starting up the pc. I called TM tech at first and they said it was ok and my wheel works perfectly. I had a Fanatec CSR wheel a couple of years ago and I didn't really like it, always found it too lumpy. I much prefer TM wheels. As others have said, you may have usb connection issues. Is it plugged into the main sockets at the back or those at the front? TM said that could be an issue.

Upvote 0
ive tried all the usb ports and it doesn't work.

great wheel when it works,.

I don't trust these wheels so gonna go fanatic for the same price.

2nd problem in 24hrs lol

Upvote 0
Fanatec won´t give you any more reliability :)

What mainboard do you have? The Z87 line hate USB devices. I had to go into the bios and disable XHCI and some other settings to make my usb devices behave rather well. You reinstalled the drivers you uninstalled.

That the wheel calibrates violently is normal I am afraid but should be done after 1 or two goes if it works alright.

Upvote 0
what choice do I have ive sold my dfgt, and I want a belt driven wheel, (below the 300£ mark) and I don't trust thrustmaster to deliver a working wheel let alone the right power cable.

What did u mess with in bios, im not going to mess about to much to get this to work.

Upvote 0
For the same price I can get csr pedals and gt3 wheel. Anyone recommend
I had a GT3 for 2 years until it developed a FFB issue, got a new one on warranty, extremely happy with it and will keep mine as a backup in case the CSW needs repair.
I feel that the GT3 is superior to the T300 in terms of choice of materials etc, that premium feel I was taking about. But the T300 had stronger and better FFB imo.
If you go that route, consider spending a bit more for the elite pedals, they are very much with the small increase in price!
Finally, as Pär said, Fanatec might not prove to be any more reliable than Thrustmaster.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind 2 years out of this TX, I haven't even got 24 hours!.

So sorry yeah Im a bit frustrated. It just keeps trying to calibrate really violently and not working in profiler, and ideas?

So the TX has better FFB than the fan's

Upvote 0

So sorry yeah Im a bit frustrated. It just keeps trying to calibrate really violently and not working in profiler, and ideas?

Better than the GT3 yes, but not the CSW.
That said, when I returned the T300 and went back to using my GT3 I experienced much the same as @Blkout did when he went back to his T500 from the CSW, it felt immediately inferior but after a few hours/days I was back into the zone with it and was enjoying myself in-game.

Upvote 0

I still believe its unlikely you have a defective wheel however I can't troubleshoot it for you without being there. For those people that have had a TX fail, it usually happens within the first few days so why not just return it for a replacement? You clearly liked the wheel.

Upvote 0
ok. I can get the wheel to behave normally, only if I plug in wheel as bootloader (hold yellow and xbox button while inserting USB then release. Then install firmware, then it behaves normally. If I restart pc or take out usb, then it goes all weird again, just goes left to right infinitely. Without ever calibrating.

Yes I do like the wheel, not sure want to risk vo..

also you guys saying the immediate difference between the wheel was that the fan was better, only after getting used to the TM did you get back into the zone,, that to me says a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
any reason why im getting two drivers like this?

s5h6xs.jpg

Upvote 0
Have you downloaded the shifter drivers by any chance as well? PLus there is a way of resetting the wheel. It's the top 2 left buttons and the yellow and xbox button. You have to do this in desktop mode but don't know if that will help you. My wheel was off centre so I reset it and it was fine.

Upvote 0
im using a UK adapter on a EU cable. They sent out the wrong batch and said they have none. This is from a well known uk supplier (overclockers) they tech guy said using an plug adapter should work. I said if it doesn't and breakes it im getting a refund they said ok.

just swapped my newly bought adapter in again, as I tried to eliminate that, now the wheel works, and ive unplugged usb to check.?!

Upvote 0
my issue is either wait for another new batch (correct cables risk another breaking on me) or buy a fanatec, with the better pedals anyway, and wheel hopefully.

im gonna try Tm in morning and see if they can send me a uk cable. Im sure its power related. Rather than go through OC first.

Upvote 0
im using a UK adapter on a EU cable. They sent out the wrong batch and said they have none. This is from a well known uk supplier (overclockers) they tech guy said using an plug adapter should work. I said if it doesn't and breakes it im getting a refund they said ok.

just swapped my newly bought adapter in again, as I tried to eliminate that, now the wheel works, and ive unplugged usb to check.?!

Sounds like maybe the power adapter might have caused the problem since that's the only piece of this component that should not have been there. In fairness, you can't blame Thrustmaster when you didn't use the correct power cable. Should have just purchased it from Amazon and you would have gotten the right wheel and cables and had an excellent return policy if you needed it.

Upvote 0
sorry but I can only blame TM they sent EUro plug products to a UK supplier, supplying Britain, duh!

yes the supplier (if have had a problem already) should of checked this.

Upvote 0
sorry but I can only blame TM they sent EUro plug products to a UK supplier, supplying Britain, duh!

yes the supplier (if have had a problem already) should of checked this.

But you knew the plug was wrong and connected it anyway and you blame Thrustmaster for it not working now? Amazon wouldn't have sent you the wrong cables but if I recall you were deadset on using some other retailer because the price was cheaper.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back