Have you had a failure on your TX [poll]

I have had my TX sinced april I bought it used. No issues.

Here I go again.
The GTE rim will spoil the ffb noticably. The TX and T300RS just don´t have enough torque to compensate. You can´t compensate by increasing the power just causes more clipping and best to compare apple to apple as nothing prevent you to run the same settings on the TX.

Maybe you will preferr the GTE rim anyway so try both :)

Personally I preferred the grip of the TX Rim as well. A round 280 mm rim would come handy for rally and drifting but this was areas where the GTE rim performed the worst due to the weight. Don´t forget the F1 rim either yes painted buttons and all but it´s very practical and functional beside the spin wheels that are so flimsy they are not to be trusted. But it certainly don´t feel right for rally or drifting either.

If you run on PC I would for sure source a shifter and an aftermarket rim. Aftermarket rims can be had for less then the Thrustmaster rims uses better materials is lighter and more solid. Again be wary about weight and the bigger the rim the more leverage and harder for your wheel to support enough forces to.
If you don´t have a shifter that route will end up more expensive but paddle shifting is efficient but so booring. I only use it when I feel I really have to for formula racing or similar.
I use the GTE rim with 80% in the control panel on my TX. To be honest, I never thought about the different weight of the wheels having an affect on ffb so you're saying that If I put the original rim back on then I will have better feeling? OH NO!!!!!!!!! NOT MORE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!!! lolol

Upvote 0
I use the GTE rim with 80% in the control panel on my TX. To be honest, I never thought about the different weight of the wheels having an affect on ffb so you're saying that If I put the original rim back on then I will have better feeling? OH NO!!!!!!!!! NOT MORE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT!!! lolol

It does change the feel of the FFB with the stock 458 rim. You will get more detail for sure. That being said, its a trade-off for the cheaper feeling rim, for me it sort of took some of the immersion away knowing I was holding a mostly plastic rim.

Upvote 0
I can confirm what Pär is saying here. Even on my CSW which is stronger than aTX/T300 I notice a slight loss in FFB detail when using the new BMW rim compared to the formula rim. That having been said you need to consider the fact that real cars would probably be the same, a tin top with a 320km rim will feel more dampened than a more nimble open wheeler with a small formula style rim. Luckily I have the option to swap rims in seconds to match what I play in game :)

320 km that´s something :)
Yeah being able to cope better with the torque is why a lot of cars have 320 mm rims and some vintage ones even 350 mm. The difference is that you don´t feel much in the wheel IRL. We have a lot of fake effects to let us feel the the car in simracing.

It would been nice with quick swap on the Thrustmasters wheels too. And like Fanatec you don´t need to leave the simulation can just continue on otherwise. If I have to go out it doesn´t really matter :)

Upvote 0
LIVE UNBOXING AND TEST.
SO just got a TX through the post this morning, (went for this as its cheaper and wanted to experience the lighter wheel)

open box, picked up wheel, and surprised to see its not like how I thought it would be. Miles better feel than the DFGT looks more quality. Like the steel paddles and function switched on it. Rubber I bit better than DFGT. Doesn't feel hollow or plasticky or cheap as some have suggested. (not regretted so far!)

wow that base is heavy, well made seems fine.

pedals seem solid, like the metal plates again miles better than the dfgt pedals, nice on the feet with a nice pressure. Will not slip on my floor, not carpet, tiled.

lol haven't got a uk plug cable is US!! on phone with supplier now.

UPDATE
Been told to send back for full refund as they have problem with these with wrong cables. He mentioned using an UK adapter, I said I would like to try it if however if breaks the wheel ill be okay for refund.

Does anyone know what kind of adapter be okay, surely a 250V adapter be okay?

Carrying on:-

Base although longer to attach to desk is very very sturdy, I couldnt rip this off if I tried. Nice clamp! You are also further away from the desk than before. May need a bigger monitor lol

Just installed firmware (like the auto update) test the forces wow so much better ffb!!

gonna play now!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been reading this and others regarding the Thrustmaster wheels. I think I will get the T300 GTE version. It has everything I need or want.

Thanks for your help all. Some useful info here.

Upvote 0
wow what a wheel, 5 mins in RRe taught me that lol..

So smooth so precise, I have definitely felt like my money is spent on more quality, this is a quality wheel. Cheap feel , crap pedals, nah I think ur trippin?! if compared to a 500£ set yeah, but for its range its good. Love the button layout too, glad I got this, not sure I need the GTE wheel anytime soon!!

Thanks for this thread and contributers both con and pro.

TX amazing wheel...

P.s do we zero all the detailed gain settings? I left at 100%

Upvote 0
the steering on this feel so much more natural than how a geared ffb feels. Feels like your fighting the rubber and the tarmac and no gears in your wheel, when u try adjust a slide.

on rf2 what an experience!!!

, how comes you turn them off for RF only>?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As you said, depends on what you compare it with, and you come from the absolute lowest end of ffb wheels so pretty much anything would feel like an upgrade :p

That is absolutely a true statement. Having used my T500 and TX for almost a year and then going to a CSW v2 for almost two weeks, then having to go back to my T500 and TX since my CSW v2 broke, I was rather shocked how much I missed the CSW v2. I thought my T500 and TX were broken since the FFB felt very weak in comparison. Now that I've had a few days to re-adjust to my T500 and TX again, I'm finding them adequate again to race. Amazing what you can get use to and how quickly it happens. I miss my CSW v2 dearly though. Please Fanatec make it right this time so that it doesn't break again. I would hate to sell it if it breaks again but I'll have no choice.

Upvote 0
so after enjoying a bit of the tx earlier.... sat down watched a few films with the missus. She went to bed, came back on the TX for a bit of a spin, guess what not working!! Acting really weird, wont stop calibrating really violently, I mean wrist breaking. Uninstalled drivers/firmware. intermitenly!? Also doesn't work in the profiler, it sees the wheel just nothing works no buttons no steering.

It works on/off. Do you have to keep the USB plugged in? also when u plug the wheel in the usb it makes 2 sounds like its installing 2 usb ids?! I tried the powermanagement thing for usb, but the wheel ID doesn't have that option.

Man not happy. Give up ....will try one more time tomorrow, then its back for a refund. Then im stuck as I just sold the DFGT?!

Cheers TM?!

Upvote 0
Seriously doubt the wheel is bad, sounds like you have an intermittent USB connection issue. Seen this too many times. Try different USB ports and also check the break away cable, those seem to give problems sometimes too.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back