General Have you ever donated to a modder?

Have you ever donated for a mod?

• Yes, many times

• Yes, only once

• No, never

Results are only viewable after voting.
I tend to donate based on my usage of the mod. If I download a car or an app, and:

1 - it stays installed in my AC folder
2 - I use it a fair amount

then I donate to the author (usually around £5.00). There are a huge amount of AC mods on RD and the vast majority that I try get uninstalled the same day I try them. The few gems that I keep are keepers because they are made very well, and their eras interest me (cars / tracks) or are indispensable (apps).

I've clicked on only once because I've really only contributed on a handful of occasions. This is something that my conscience tells me is wrong and I keep eaning to change it, but haven't yet.
So I hearby promise to make at least a half dozen donations of enough for a coffee in 2022. I race primarily in rF2 and D/L exclusively historic cars - so I may struggle there (let's hope not), but I can contribute to track modders. There's also nothing to stop me going through mods that I feel have stood the test of time and chipping in there, so no excuses. :)

I tend to donate based on my usage of the mod. If I download a car or an app, and:

1 - it stays installed in my AC folder
2 - I use it a fair amount

then I donate to the author (usually around £5.00). There are a huge amount of AC mods on RD and the vast majority that I try get uninstalled the same day I try them. The few gems that I keep are keepers because they are made very well, and their eras interest me (cars / tracks) or are indispensable (apps).
Then maybe you'd like to try my AI mod for Pudsey (bet you have this track if you are interested in this category of mods): https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-pudsey-test-track.45545/
...or my cam mod for High Force: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/high-force-replay-cam.48047/

[x] No, never ... to be honest and i feel ashamed sometimes.
I was thinking multiple times to spend some bucks for some modders... they put so much work and time into...
Basically i have premium since two years to show some respect for RD and their work... so the modders should receive something finally as well!
Soon... very soon... ! :)

This is the only one, something different, something suberb, mind blowing work, absolutely the best mod ever created:

Many times, most of the time.

In my early years of the internet, i was in the quest for buying nothing. Hacking my games, music, films, everything really. sometimes for the sake of it.
Now that the professional life has been kicking for more than 15years, i've come to understand a bit better the work and time it takes to create things.
I buy all my games for example, even for solo playing. I believe the team has spent hard work and deserves its reward.
And i often donate, even to free software for windows, or app for the phone.

If someone has made something clever and i enjoy it, i believe this someone deserves a beer or two !
Even a small donation can go a long way :)

In the last couple of years we've been unable to go anywhere, so I was expecting to spend a lot on gaming. Other than a few DLCs for some strategy games though, nothing has interested or addicted me in the way AC has, so I made a note to make sure my 'usual' gaming spend got donated to various modders whose content I've used. Thanks for the reminder that I should factor the last few months into that too!

However, I'm very picky with content. I'm using AC for pre 1975 cars and tracks, because of the many generous modders who've donated their time into it, and what gives or kills immersion for me is very personal. So I only have around 50 cars (and some variants) and 20 tracks installed, some of which are paid/donation content anyway.

Edit: I should add, I'm not saying people *should* donate for modders' releases - it's donation for a reason and I understand in a lot of cases, especially with AC, that might well not something that people are able to afford - I'm lucky enough to be able to at the moment, especially with certain Covid-enforced lifestyle changes, but I am aware I'm very fortunate to be in that position and that not everyone is.

Last edited:
Yes, I did, more than once, and I think it's justified. There are some incredibly talented people around here, putting hours and hours into something they give away for free. Not everyone has the funds for that, and that's perfectly fine. But especially in a Hobby like Simracing, where people generally spend quite a bit of money for Equipment/ Hardware, I don't see why I shouldn't have a few €s to spare for a like- minded modder.

With the hundreds, if not thousands of hours it takes to develop some cars, and a similar price figure on top of that for some, I think it goes to show how thankful I am for some of these people to give their time to the hobby. Especially those who are willing to help those who want to do the same, there are a few people who have put up with me a lot longer than I would expect them to, and they've helped me somewhat get into the modding scene, and I think a simple thank you isn't enough sometimes.

[x] No, never ... to be honest and i feel ashamed sometimes.
I was thinking multiple times to spend some bucks for some modders... they put so much work and time into...
Basically i have premium since two years to show some respect for RD and their work... so the modders should receive something finally as well!
Soon... very soon... ! :)
This is past... donated something a few weeks ago, voted again. :rolleyes::)
Keep the coffee hot! Thank you! More to come! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years