Have you ever been scammed?

On Facebook, I always have these fake female profiles trying to friend me.

The first time, she said her mother was sick and had no insurance and she wanted money. I removed her in an instant.

Second time, one girl said her entire family was killed in a car wreck. She wanted me to contact her lawyer and tell her that I was her future husband. I removed her, immediately.

Even one fake girl who sent me a request posted a scantily clad picture of herself. Yeah, it will take much more than that to make me yield.

So, have you been scammed before?

1st case:
I was outside a friend of mine to hang out. Then an old man approache me (it was a crowded central square), he was carrying a nylon bag with a hospital brand on it. He excused me and told me, "really sorry lad, i forgot my wallet at home, and i need to go to the hospital, my wife is a patient there. Could you lend me taxi money, i will bring you the money back around 17:00, if you will be here".

I was going to spend that much there, so i said yes and gave him taxi money. In the end, he did not show up...

Later i found out that some of my friends met the same guy, with the same request and story...

2nd case:
After a DOTA 2 game, a player on my team befriended me. I accepted as i thought he was a nice guy and we could play together later.

Then after a few days, he sent me a message via Steam stating, "Hey mate, i really wish the Abaddon set you have there, shall we trade? I will pay with Steam wallet".

Fortunately i knew you can't trade Steam wallet, instantly removed him.

I guess it depends on what we see as a scam.
Purchasing a overpriced game or similar, with content ripped out and later sold as DLC, is a scam to me.
Games claiming to be "free to play", just to have giant pay walls to be able to proceed is another one.

Not really scam, but a few times I have seen evidence of people (guys) claiming they are girls.
Using fake profile pictures, or posting other stolen pictures (often pictures of a model or similar), claiming it's them. A few female friends of mine, has also encounter guys who has straight up lied about who they are and what they do. Most common seems to be "Hey, I am a professional photographer, and I would like to see/take a few photos of you, preferable naked. :O_o::laugh:

I once had "Microsoft" call my phone and tell me that they had detected a virus on my computer and needed me to give them access to my bank details in order to remove it... Riiiight.

Well, I had some fun that night.
Played dumb with them for 45 minutes before telling them I thought the teapot was the computer, and that I didn't have an actual computer. Then "Microsoft" got very rude, and hung up.

A few days ago I got a message on you-tube from a female containing a link. It said something along the lines of, "hey Alex, this is the girl I was telling you about last night." I was at my house last night... and my name is not Alex. So instead of clicking on the link, I go to the person's you-tube page only to be greeted with a message saying the account was deleted for sending spam.

Had a good laugh then :laugh:

A few days ago I got a message on you-tube from a female containing a link. It said something along the lines of, "hey Alex, this is the girl I was telling you about last night." I was at my house last night... and my name is not Alex. So instead of clicking on the link, I go to the person's you-tube page only to be greeted with a message saying the account was deleted for sending spam.

Had a good laugh then :laugh:

lol, I received exactly the same message a few weeks ago.
When I decided to check the profile out, it was gone, due to spamming :laugh:

[...]

Not really scam, but a few times I have seen evidence of people (guys) claiming they are girls.
Using fake profile pictures, or posting other stolen pictures (often pictures of a model or similar), claiming it's them. A few female friends of mine, has also encounter guys who has straight up lied about who they are and what they do. Most common seems to be "Hey, I am a professional photographer, and I would like to see/take a few photos of you, preferable naked. :O_o::laugh:

I have a drawn female avatar on steam (because its cool :rolleyes:) and some people seem to fall for it. But hey I'm not interested and remove people on my friend list who approach me in a distinctive way. It is interesting to see how many friend-requests I got since using that avatar while before using that one I was a regular candidate for the kick votes. :p

I got scammed by an online-shop a few years ago when I was looking for a rare music album (Esem - Serial Human) on CD. This particular online-shop had the album listed as available for shipment. So I made an order and payed for it but never got my CD. Annoying experience but lucky enough it didn't cost me a fortune; lesson learned. :unsure:

I have a drawn female avatar on steam (because its cool :rolleyes:) and some people seem to fall for it. But hey I'm not interested and remove people on my friend list who approach me in a distinctive way. It is interesting to see how many friend-requests I got since using that avatar while before using that one I was a regular candidate for the kick votes. :p

Horny teenager guys I guess? :cautious::laugh:

I have successfully managed to get 150 million USD out of Nigeria for the local Prince who got in troubles. I received a 10% fee just for opening up my bankaccount for the prince and ever since I have moved to the Maldives living the good life.

So no, I have never been scammed or even received an attempt via email. Consider myself very lucky.

Maldives-8.jpg

I have successfully managed to get 150 million USD out of Nigeria for the local Prince who got in troubles. I received a 10% fee just for opening up my bankaccount for the prince and ever since I have moved to the Maldives living the good life.

So no, I have never been scammed or even received an attempt via email. Consider myself very lucky.

Maldives-8.jpg
I'm pretty sure they also offered a Porsche included in the deal for your help?
What nice guys they sound like :inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years