Have i been torn a new one?

Hi Guys

I decided to purchase some content for R3E tonight and added $100 to my account. I had 700 rvp or whatever they are called left from a previous purchase and this went towards the new tracks i purchased leaving me with 0 rvp. I then bought dtm 2014 and gtr x and my steam account shows a balance of $48 but my rvp is zero is t his normal? Previously when you had $ left it showed this as a number of rvp, now it doesn't, have i been torn a new one or has the purchase process changed on r3e.

Cheers

F1A

Are you talking about monney on your steam account ?

Vrp are not directly related to steam accound credits.
You can buy Vrp with your steam credits, but there's no "real time" deal between the two.
700Vrp is not equal to 100$ .. hopfully :p 700vrp is much something like 5$.
With 700vrp you can buy 2 cars, or 1.5 track

You'll need to buy vrp from R3E portail (with your steam credits if you had some, or add credits for the purchase), then you'll be able to buy more content in R3E.

There's som content you can buy directly from Steam: DTM and ADAC experience, as they are some separate thing.
But the advice is to buy them from the game, with vrp, because you may have some price reduction if you already own some content in R3E, and steam can't do this kind or reduction.

Hi,
Previously we weren't able to pre-calculate the discounts so they were applied after that purchase, leaving you with remaining vRP's. That was also the reason players could only check out with one pack at a time.

With the last patch we now pre-calculate the discounts so that you don't end up buying more vRP's than needed.

Please let me know if you believe the amount you were charged is wrong and I'll take a look.

Thanks for the replies guys i think Majuh is on the money with what has happened. So with this money in the steam wallet can i use this to purchase content in the r3e store if it shows i don't have any vrp credits? When i made the purchase through r3e i actually though i was purchasing the vrp in game like previously.

The thing is:

Before, it wasn't possible to buy the amount of vrp needed for a transaction. So you needed to buy a certain amount of vrp (500,1000,2000,5000) before you can buy anything in the game store.

Now: if you don't have enough vrp, the system allow you to credit just as needed for the transaction.
You still buy vrp with steam credit/CB/etc, but as you only buy what you need it's like purchasing directly the game content

The thing is:

Before, it wasn't possible to buy the amount of vrp needed for a transaction. So you needed to buy a certain amount of vrp (500,1000,2000,5000) before you can buy anything in the game store.

Now: if you don't have enough vrp, the system allow you to credit just as needed for the transaction.
You still buy vrp with steam credit/CB/etc, but as you only buy what you need it's like purchasing directly the game content

Yep, when I purchase a car or track or pack it just tells me how much money to add to Steam and then takes me to the screen to do it, and then done. But I believe there is one catch, the minimum you can put in your Steam Wallet appears to be $5, so if you're just trying to buy a car skin or a car that's under $5 you will end up with a little excess in your wallet (not that this is a bad thing).

Well, I had said I wasn't going to spend any money on this game. Then I spent a little, then I spent a little more, and now I have about half (or more) of the content. :roflmao: I think I've spent enough on it to hold me over for a while so I don't want to buy a bulk pack of vrp. But then, I do really want ADAC 2014, and DTM 92, and Bathurst, and the M1 Procar.......................:confused::laugh:

Well, I had said I wasn't going to spend any money on this game. Then I spent a little, then I spent a little more, and now I have about half (or more) of the content. :roflmao: I think I've spent enough on it to hold me over for a while so I don't want to buy a bulk pack of vrp. But then, I do really want ADAC 2014, and DTM 92, and Bathurst, and the M1 Procar.......................:confused::laugh:
I wasn't sold at all at first. I was one of those who didn't jump in because at first i was shocked by the price of a single car or track ( when looking at how much it would cost to own it all ) , until some sales started to pop out and dtm/pack.
Since then I've been all in. I have spent 120$ so far and i can't get enough of this game. Its an addiction.

Haha. Glad I'm not the only one! I'll admit it takes some trial/error to get the FFB feeling good, and some cars I can't get to feel good at all, but the ones I can get dialed in feel great and provide a lot of smiles. If I just want a quick, fun AI race then R3E is the first place I go. I keep saying I'm not going to spend any more on it because the lack of a robust online multiplayer is really going to limit my use of the game/content, but it's just so fun and feels so good and once you get some content then the discounts start making everything very affordable. Last week I bought 4 single cars plus the hillclimb pack (so another car and a track) for about the price of one car in iRacing ($12.71 USD) and that's hard to resist!

Back on topic, I will probably buy a bulk batch of vrp's because I know eventually (like, later this week) I will buy more content and I might as well get a little discount on it.

Do you know if that link is still valid? I notice it doesn't work with my R3E sign in information, it doesn't ask for my user ID and the terms and conditions reference KW Automotive several times.

Please could someone from the team please confirm that a) this is still a functioning/supported service and b) the money exchanged goes to the right source (Sector 3) and not the previous owners?

Cheers.

Do you know if that link is still valid? I notice it doesn't work with my R3E sign in information, it doesn't ask for my user ID and the terms and conditions reference KW Automotive several times.

Please could someone from the team please confirm that a) this is still a functioning/supported service and b) the money exchanged goes to the right source (Sector 3) and not the previous owners?

Cheers.
I bought it from there a couple of weeks ago and all went fine (7500vRP).
What they give you is a redeem code at the end of the transaction that you can use on your RaceRoom profile page to add the vRP to your wallet.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%