Have been using AC2, new to ACC, how do I select car?

I just got ACC downloaded and installed, run a few practice laps at Barcelona. Using single player I can choose the track I want just I would with AC2, but I have been unable to change cars. Stuck with the Lamborghini Huracan. Can't see how to choose a different car or a different team, just Lamborghini.

Do I have to play for a certain amount of time to "earn" different cars?

I noticed that some of the tracks were locked.

Having a hard time finding a guide to ACC on where/how to get started.

Can anyone point me to a good guide? FAQ did not seem to address my question.

Thanks for any advice.

Few pointers:
  • No unlocking of cars, this is not some arcade game ;)
  • If you play the career you will start with the Lamborghini ST and a driver test (M. Bortolotti will give you a speech or two :roflmao:).
  • In championship mode you can select all cars of that very season (season selector on the top in the SP menu)
  • Locked tracks and cars are DLC (ICGT, 2020 season, GT4 pack)
If you have more questions, fire away. Don't know any comprehensive guide, sorry.

So as I advance in career mode, more cars will be available in single player mode? Or do I need to finish up practice sessions when in single player?

Trying to see how the two modes work, between career and single player. I had hoped to use single player to practice with different cars, along the lines of what the devs did with AC2.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated

So as I advance in career mode, more cars will be available in single player mode? Or do I need to finish up practice sessions when in single player?

Trying to see how the two modes work, between career and single player. I had hoped to use single player to practice with different cars, along the lines of what the devs did with AC2.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated
In career mode (smth like a "story mode") you start out with the Lambo and then get an offer from a team (that was the story right?). At this point you can change to whatever car. Not sure if limited to 2018 or 2019 season cars.
You will play out one season (-ish) of GTWC.

In pure single player (neither career nor championship) you can choose from everything: tracks, cars, weather, time,...there is no progression or next track to conquer.
Only championship and career will give more or less constraints.

BTW: What is AC2? I only know AC and ACC (aka AC2).

Last edited:
That is how I thought it should work in single player, but couldn't get there.

Main Single Player screenshot:

single_splash.jpg

Track select:
trackSelect.jpg

I had looked at "Team Select" before (the far right box), but did not get anywhere. Looked in there again and finally found a way to choose a car. Woohoo!!

Got my but kicked, as I expected, in my first career step :)

Thank you!

I'll keep poking around to see what is available without any extra DLC. But I will certainly miss Monza

Attachments

• CarSeleectScreen.jpg
    CarSeleectScreen.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 332
Hi I'm having the same problem. I want to take a break from the career mode so go to practise at spa but I can't select a Jaguar.

I go to ADD and create a custome car/team (not clear) then save it but can't select it back in the car selection.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi I'm having the same problem. I want to take a break from the career mode so go to practise at spa but I can't select a Jaguar.

I go to ADD and create a custome car/team (not clear) then save it but can't select it back in the car selection.

What am I doing wrong?
You probably need to select a different season for the Jaguar to show up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%