Hating the Solstice

I've been trying iracing for the past week or so, and while i want to like it....i'm hating it.

Frankly i think its just the solstice. I'm used to playing GTR evo, amongst other games, and iracing in the solstice just doesnt feel right. Steering and feedback thru the wheel feels great, but i feel like i can barely touch my pedals (braking seems a bit off). I have tried some test sessions with other cars and it seemed to feel better, but with my rookie license i cannot race these cars :-/. to add to it losing control of a car is so punishing, once it starts its rather silly that the car spins and spins imo :)

Does it get better with other cars? Not sure if i want to stick with it at this point. I dig the fact that theres so many ppl to race online with, and the competition is fun, just not sure if its the car or my driving style thats the issue.

Just got iRacing with the $5 promotion, and so far it seems like a great game. I like the Solstice, although I am having some over-steer problems :) On Lime Rock I'm behind <2 sec from the best I've met so far, who slides every corner, but usually finishing good because of incidents. This sim is surprisingly different from RacePro; in a good way I guess.

Hopefully Ill see you guys online.

Bye Bye Solstice

byebyesolstice.png
No more...No More :cool::cool::)

Between now and the new season (when you'll get your permanent D license) you can drive the SRF at Rookie 3.00+

For next season, road only

Rookie
Solstice

Rookie 3.00+
SRF

D License
Ford Mustang
Skip Barber
VW Jetta TDI

C License
Star Mazda
V8 Supercar

B License
Lotus 79
Corvette C6R
DP/Radical Mixed Class

A License
Dallara IndyCar

----------------------

Basically you can do this 1 of 3 ways

1 - With the D License race rookie cars until your SR is at D 4.00 at which point you can race one of the Class C cards, with that you can get your C license after 4 races, continue racing the C cars until your license is at C 4.00 and completed 4 more races, you'll then get your B license, race the C cars again until your at B 4.00 then you can race the IndyCar, 4 IndyCar races gets you an A license.

2 - With the D license race a D license car (Mustang = Epic) until your SR is above 4.00 and you've completed 4 Races, you'll get a C license, race again until your SR is above C 4.00, then race a B class car and race that to get the 4 races needed for promotion to B license, then race the B cars until you get SR 4.00 and completed the 4 MPR races.

3 - Don't skip license levels, go up one by one.

http://members.iracing.com/iforum/thread.jspa?threadID=92140&tstart=0

Safety rating is definitely king. Once i realized this i noticed that i could easily get my B license within my first month of playing. I've focused on just clean driving, 100%. Just got my instant C promotion last night, and after a few events in the C cars i should be OK to get my B upgrade with seasons end. D -> C flew by. Although moving up so quickly after the rookie races i haven't had time to really adjust to the cars and tracks and my pace has been a bit poor in the last few D and C events.

Oddly enough, i started this thread hating on the solstice, and after some more time with iracing, the lil buzzing car has grown on me. Its fun to kick down to the rookie races and sling it around :D

Its a shame the rookie Solstice series only run on Limerock and Laguna and nowhere else. Would be cool to see it on Zandvoort for example

The Advanced Solstice series used to have a full schedule, but it was replaced with the Spec Racer Ford and it's full schedule. There may be a Solstice league with a full schedule.

Here is a URL where some of the iRacing leagues register and keep their stats, standings etc. Might find a Solstice League there or Race Department could start one.

http://www.danlisa.com/scoring/league_stats.php

strange thing is that they didn´t included Summit which is also free/default track, SRF for example does all free tracks plus few additional ones

Good point. Never really thought about it, but they could have used 4 free road tracks for the Solstice Rookie series for the 4 week series. Lime Rock, Laguna Seca, Summit Point Jefferson or Main, and maybe Lowes Roval or run both of the Summit variants.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 91 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 130 13.7%