Has the Stock V8 gotten easier to handle?

I started playing GSC about a year ago. I remember finding the Stock V8 to be quite a handful when I started. But now it seems to be a lot easier to drive.

Is it just that I got better? (that's possible - GSC was my first PC sim and I've now played it A LOT so must've improved) or has its handling been tweaked?

What do you think?

I would say the Stock Cars are more easy-to-drive. I tried an early non-steam build of GSCE months ago at my cousin's home with his Fanatec (don't remember the model) and I remember that it was so difficult to drive for me, so we just drove the Minis lol.

A week ago in my home with my steam copy of GSCE I was doing good paces (paces I wouldn't do normally) and I thought about it too...

It has gotten a lot easier to drive them. I drive them quite often and the rear doesn´t want to step out as easily as before v1.25. Especially accelerating out of a corner has become a lot easier, a lot more traction available now on the rear end.

Just my 2 cents

I just tried the stock cars for the first time in a while, and it really does seem like the back end has a lot more grip. Or at least that it doesn't brake away nearly as easy. Both lift off over steer and power on oversteer don't seem to happen nearly as easily. I find it not quite as enjoyable as before, and to be honest I think it feels less realistic. Now the car doesn't really oversteer even with improper driving. Even provoking it with getting on the gas too soon or too abruptly or completely lifting off mid corner doesn't have the effect I suspect it would in the real cars. It is still a fun car, and could even be more realistic, but my perception and opinion is that it isn't. It is great that Reiza is constantly tweaking and updating, as the cars are probably just getting more and more accurate in general over time. I look forward to 1.30! And thank you Renato @Reiza Studios for being active on this board and actually responding to posts like this and letting us know what is in the pipeline. By the way, this is my favorite sim.

I feel the cars are much better now. Previously they would break away for hardly any input (almost like IceRacing used to be like) Much much better now.

The cars feels more realistic than before. Anyone who tried a race car, or have driven with slicks knows that this is getting close to the real deal.

Congrats Reiza!

I think this is the best sim out and has some of or even the best physics of any sim I have tried, but I don't agree. I am someone who has been fortunate enough to drive a race car and have driven with slicks and I would think that the real stock cars would be more affected by throttle lift. Maybe they wouldn't be as easy to lose grip as the stock cars were before update 1.20 but I feel you can very much overdrive these cars with little consequence. Now these are vastly different than any car I have driven before. On the first race this year a v8 supercar driver that drove a stock car did say they had a lot more grip but I think he meant at higher speeds because of the aero. Either way they are well done, and I am willing to admit they may be more accurate now, I just question it and I did find them a little more enjoyable prior. However I would rather take what is most realistic.

The V8s are rather easy to drive - if that's realistic or not, i can't say.
What i can say is that i throughly enjoy driving them :)

I know for sure that often the "hardcore crew" in games/sims wants unrealistic behavior to make it more challenging for them, but i'd rather have a "boring but authentic" feeling than spinning each corner exit because somebody in the community thinks it would be nicer that way :)

I know for sure that often the "hardcore crew" in games/sims wants unrealistic behavior to make it more challenging for them
I think it is often that people mistake harder for more realistic when that isn't necessarily the case. It could be what I am doing right now. Although it may sound like I don't like the cars, I really do.

My two cents: right now, I mostly run quickraces against the AI without touching anything on the default setup, and the car feels a little understeery for a few laps until the tyres go off a bit. All in all, it feels really planted, and nice to drive.

Before, I always needed to soften the rear quite a bit to have the same kind of behavior.

I think I quite like how they are now, even more than before.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%