Has the AI improved?

Last time i checked the AI had a lot of issues like SWERVE INTO PLAYERS CONSTANTLY, slow pace in America's tracks, pitting issue (if i recall correctly). Are those issue fixed or still the same? I refunded the game due to bad AI but i would gladly come back if they FIX it specially the swerve thing that i honestly hated.

Yes.
From the update notes:

AI
  • Improved AI overtaking logic
  • Improved AI behaviour when behind a slower car in Practice/Qualifying sessions.
  • Adjusted AI lateral movements for smoother / more natural reactions
  • Decreased AI performance in 70-100% Strength range
  • Improved AI blue flag behaviour
  • Adjusted AI brake power & grip
  • Various adjustments to AI overtaking parameters
  • AI corner & straightline callibration passes
  • Adjusted AI wet launch performance for GTs & F-Ultimate
  • Taruma: Adjusted AI line to keep AI from leaving the track at T7 entry
  • Fixed duplicated F-Ultimate driver (Patrice Daigneau)
  • Minor GT Classics AI adjustment

Last time i checked the AI had a lot of issues like SWERVE INTO PLAYERS CONSTANTLY, slow pace in America's tracks, pitting issue (if i recall correctly). Are those issue fixed or still the same? I refunded the game due to bad AI but i would gladly come back if they FIX it specially the swerve thing that i honestly hated.

Regarding a big picture perspective of the AI, I'll quote myself from earlier this year...

BillGuy said:
The AI’s behavior does not appear to be some single monolithic entity that Reiza can work on. You may want that to be the case as a player of the game. Look back in some of the release notes however and you will see Renato mentioning “AI calibration pass” work for specific cars and “AI path” work for specific tracks.

If you take this into account, making all-encompassing blanket statements that the AI is good/bad for the entire game probably doesn’t have much validity for any of us. It might be the case for the cars and/or tracks you’re driving, but it may just as well be the opposite for someone else that’s driving other content. I’m not saying it doesn’t suck if the stuff you want to drive is currently on the short end of the AI behavior stick. Just remember, that there’s a decent chance what you’re experiencing might not reflect the entirety of the game.

Yes.
From the update notes:

AI
  • Improved AI overtaking logic
  • Improved AI behaviour when behind a slower car in Practice/Qualifying sessions.
  • Adjusted AI lateral movements for smoother / more natural reactions
  • Decreased AI performance in 70-100% Strength range
  • Improved AI blue flag behaviour
  • Adjusted AI brake power & grip
  • Various adjustments to AI overtaking parameters
  • AI corner & straightline callibration passes
  • Adjusted AI wet launch performance for GTs & F-Ultimate
  • Taruma: Adjusted AI line to keep AI from leaving the track at T7 entry
  • Fixed duplicated F-Ultimate driver (Patrice Daigneau)
  • Minor GT Classics AI adjustment
Well, i saw the notes and yes on paper it has been improved but i'm asking whether or not it has been really translated into gaming experience

Well, i saw the notes and yes on paper it has been improved but i'm asking whether or not it has been really translated into gaming experience
Not had much time to play but driving the GTEs I’m no longer being rammed/passed off track into turn 1 or the bus stop at Daytona. AI seems to be backing out now unless they can make a pass. Turn 1 at Long Beach also seems to be better. Hoping this is a sign that things have got better more widely.

It has definitely improved since the release and you can now run some fairly decent ai races.

The swerving and track cutting has been greatly reduced and I've found I can go 2 wide without being rammed off the track.
Tho I find once the cars start to spread out there's very little defending from the AI and usually leave the inside wide open to pass in corners.

Is it on the same level as iRacing and Raceroom's AI?
Not yet, IMO.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back