Has left school and need help Please!

Hi guys,

Today i officially left school which is all well and good but im going to miss loads of people!
But here is the biggest problem. My Exams!!! HELP what ways helped you to revise as im really struggling to sit down and revise! I might be on a little more or less depending on the day and what exams i have etc. Just really nervous about them!

Matthew Parr

Aww man tell me about it, I hate revising!

What I do is get the booklet or unit or whatever and write down the important bits, helps me remember them, there are load of different ways but dat way is easier for me.

Good luck wit ya exams mate, im about to go through end of year exams also and the results are streamed so it depends wat classes we are in for our GCSE's

GCSE's right? Turning up is pretty much all you need to do for those :p

Seriously though, it depends how you learn - i do past papers and make revision notes, seems to work well for me. May be worth trying something like that?

the way we were told in college was to revise a bit every night, about 30mins a night leading up to the exams. But the day before the weekend sit down a relax in front of the TV (or in my case play some quake)

Aw, that sucks - in going to them now too - almost done with my writing exams - just the verbal/oral left :)

I think the worst is afterwards, needs to keep up with your old friends, some you may loose contact to.

Best of luck to you guys with exams.

Most of my revision was done with those revision guides you can get - I found those very good, and making notes from those and also things like the BBC Bitesize website. For me personally I found I remembered and learnt more by using new resources, rather than reading through all my notes and school work. I used my school work as support material I guess, rather than basing all my revision around it.

Also, don't sit there for hours on end - you lose concentration after about 20 - 30 minutes. Your best off doing blocks of 30 minutes of revision with breaks in between, rather than trying to do 3 hours of solid revision.

Yeah what Neil said, it's no good sitting down for 3 - 4 hours in a go, you just won't learn anything. You just need 30 minutes to an hour a day/night with your face in a book. Stick some music on.

Just remember, your G.C.S.E's don't determin the rest of your life. And about being nervous, don't be. The Exams are there only to measure your achievement in Secondry School.

I can spell fudgeC with my grades and I'm still here :lol:

Best of luck mate, and it's not the end of the world if you don't do well!!!

Hope to see you online more now you don't have to mess about with school :becky:

I always read the book(s) once on the day before the exam and that was it (except for languages).
So if I had Biology and English on Monday. I read the Biology books on Sunday. And didn't do anything for English.
Then on Tuesday I had Maths - read all the stuff about it on Monday
Wednesday I had Physics and Dutch. Lern the Physics on Tuesday. And I was done.

I did never really bother about it. The final exams are (in the Ntherlands at least), much easier than the tests at school.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%