Happy New Year Everyone

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
12 o'clock strikes, fireworks are in the air, drinks have been raised and the celebrations are in full flow... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Yes, another year is over and done with - and what a strange year it has been!

Strange, strange, strange times indeed was this most dramatic of the last 12 months, however from great difficulty comes opportunity for the lucky few, and sim racing has very much been the beneficiary of these most unusual of times.

Of course, many in the world have undergone hardship we would never have imagined this time last year, and to those people our hearts continue to go out to you, may the following 12 months be much more positive for prosperous for you all.

To the world of sim racing, this year has been a remarkable one. From real world drivers entering esports in huge numbers, to massive never before seen professional sim racing events, to plenty of new, exciting and improved content and hardware – it’s been a rollercoaster year of action.

On a personal note, this year has seen some incredible changes and experiences in our wonderful hobby. In compensation for not having the opportunity to travel, I’ve had the great pleasure of working with not only the usual team of superstars here at RaceDepartment, but also broadcasting legends Martin Haven, David Addison, Vicki Butler-Henderson and Nikki Shields – taking part in some great sim racing broadcasts, enjoying some epic hardware to review, engaging with our ever wonderful community and of course the icing on the cake, a new job at Studio 397 working for the wonderful team at rFactor 2.

It’s been a fascinating year for me personally and for the world of sim racing, and pandemic aside plus all the awful things that brings with it, certainly one we will all remember for a long time to come.

Our deepest best wishes to this exceptional community here at RaceDepartment. Thank you so much for your continued support – it means the world to us that you continue to enjoy what we do at RaceDepartment – we raise a glass to you all, new to RaceDepartment and old old hands at the site, and look forward together to another year of (hopefully) better times in 2021.

Happy New Year to you all.

Last edited:
Happy and healty new year simracers. Lets 2021 a much better year whe hope. Now driving the great GT1 cars in wonderfull version of Spa-Francorchamps in AMS2 :)

Happy new year! Perhaps this is the year we will get a new rfactor2 user inter.... Oh, er, hang on...

Happy New Year to all people in this wonderful community, I wish your best dreams come true, and it is clear that each one continues on the path to be someone better every day, with more love on the heart and more smile on the face. Live life wonderful guys.

Happy New Year everyone!

As I think back on 2020, I realize that this is the year that brought us Johnny Herbert on track in F1 2020 with the likes of Jimmy Broadbent and Charles LeClerc. So it wasn't all bad.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 264 13.6%