US Happy Holidays - Drop In Dec 18 - Jan 1

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Capture.JPG
The Tuesday America's Club will be taking a holiday break...well sort of. We'll be having open track time for the next two weeks as the club lands on the eve's of Christmas and New Years.

So starting December 18 through January 1 get jolly and join us for some track time at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Car will be of your choice so race what you got!

Server will be in a loop that will include 30 minutes of practice, 30 minutes of open qualifying and a 60 minute race. Use the thread to arrange times to meet others for an 'event'. The timer for practice resets if no one is on server for qualifying so there is no official scheduled start time.

On January 2 the server will reset to resume our regular schedule with our first event of the new year January 7th with the FR X-90 at Road America.
Be sure to begin practicing with FULL damage as it will be included in selected events in the new year.:ninja:

I hope to see you on the track, have a Happy Holiday and New Year

David

Last edited:

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Hey @2112 I thought I remember you saying you may have some experience on the Green Hell ;), do you have sometime this upcoming week to do some lead follow?

250RPM
Premium
Oct 6, 2016
Hey @2112 I thought I remember you saying you may have some experience on the Green Hell ;), do you have sometime this upcoming week to do some lead follow?
As a matter of fact, I do. I will be off from Christmas Day until next Monday, plus tonight and tomorrow night. Any day but Christmas will be good for me, (except the time of the Euro R3E race, of course). I have been doing hot laps on it in the 962 the past few days.

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
in greenwood :D
I tried chasing you on the Leaderboard with the Greenwood but you disappeared from view about a minute in, so you weren't much help :roflmao:
I hadn't driven the Greenwood since the update, did the update introduce a large dead zone in the Greenwood's steering?
KO

FeltHat

3000RPM
Premium
Mar 6, 2016
Yea, ffb is kinda meh after last update, maybe because its on older physics. Did you set everything to default (car setup included)? I see a lot of folks not happy withh ffb with my current wheel (t300) and gotta admit its not as good (especially brake locking is harder to feel).
Here's my setup
It's similar to default one, front is even harder and wing, i believe, is 3. It's for a race so you can go crazier for hotlap

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: Calvyn White

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
Yeah, I started from default and went stiffer in the front and rear.
Changing the steering angle to 540 from 720 and steering lock to 22 helped with the dead zone....made it more manageable anyway.

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
BTW, I think one of the most fun to drive and learn the track cars at the Nordschleife is the 92 DTM BMW.