Handling issues with more powerful engines

Hey, anyone else having any trouble with handling when you go with more powerful engines?

My Scania has 620hp, and when I touch the brakes to go around a corner (dry), i lose traction.
A number of times have resulted in crashes, but most are near misses.

Anyone else have this problem? Does someone have a solution? Maybe a setting, or a different truck with better stability and handling?

I should say that I am using Mouse/Keyboard, and I have not changed any settings since starting the game.

use the engine brake for slowing down in corners that's whats its for

The engine brake is only used in reality on hills or when running heavy, or maybe just to save the brake linings when you do not need to stop in a hurry, nothing to do with slowing the truck in the corners, as already said if your braking in the corners in the game and in RL your braking too late and at risk of jack knifing the the whole lot, bad habbits die hard eh ;)

If your thinking and planning ahead adequately you will never need the exhauster brake mid corner tho, mind you, this is just a game so I am hardly gonna get all dibby doo about it :D

I am only taking from a real life point of view btw, I drive one for a living every day currently.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back